Zuiko 14-150 mk2 vs Lumix 14-140 mk2: any tests/comparisons yet?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mistermark, Apr 4, 2015.

1. mistermark

mistermark Mu-43 Regular

Oct 16, 2012
    Does anyone know of any professional comparison tests that have so far been published online comparing the new, weather-sealed version of the Zuiko 14-150 with the current, revised Lumix 14-140? Alternatively, has anyone here done their own comparisons?

I ask because I have the Lumix, am attracted by the Zuiko's weather-sealing, but would only consider it if the performance is in the same league. I had the original Lumix 14-140 and find the new version much better optically, and wouldn't want to take a step backward.
  2. rpringle

rpringle Mu-43 Regular

Jan 9, 2014
  3. mistermark

mistermark Mu-43 Regular

Oct 16, 2012
    Thanks; so far, it seems that comparisons are hard to come by.

Sent from my D6603 using Mu-43 mobile app
  4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Unfortunately, The Phoblographer's main virtue is how frequently it updates. The actual content is pretty mediocre, very shallow, and frequently has factual errors. I wouldn't trust it for an informed buying decision.

Also unfortunately, though, there don't seem to be many (if any) head to head comparisons between the two lenses.

Here's a review from a better site, but it's still not going to be particularly helpful in guiding you: http://www.mirrorlessons.com/category/lens-reviews/m-zuiko-14-150-ii/

The Panasonic 14-140 Mk. 1 was generally considered to be at least on par with the original Oly 14-150 - maybe better. Given that the new 14-150 does not have any optical changes, except maybe different coatings, I would not expect any different image quality. If you felt that the 14-140 Mk. 2 was a big step up from the Mk. 1, I'm not sure I would have equivalent expectations of the 14-150. The other thing is, you already have the 14-140, so there's that. Only you can judge how important the weather sealing factor is in the kind of shooting you typically do.

Also relevant is this user comparison: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/52925/
  5. db96

db96 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I have been looking for that comparison too, but for me other features on these lenses have been more important than little changes in IQ. I went from the 14-140 Mk1 to the Mk2 due to the size difference. I then moved from the 14-140 Mk2 to the Olympus 14-150 Mk2 for the weather sealing factor. (I also changed to OMDs during that progression) That's just me, but any minimal difference in IQ has not been enough to make me give up on the other features.