Zuiko 12-40 2.8 @ Olympus Outlet - In Stock $640

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by thenextpage, Nov 18, 2014.

1. thenextpage

thenextpage Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2014
    Just picked up one for myself; have been waiting for new inventory for weeks! Great deal on this lens. I had a 5% discount coupon for filling out an Olympus feedback form, so saved an additional $32. Sales tax was $34.96 (I'm in DC), but that is still a great deal when considering the $1000 retail price.
  2. Subsonic

Subsonic Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, finally scored one myself! Been waiting to catch one on sale for months...
  3. tonywah

tonywah New to Mu-43

Mar 5, 2013
    Just in one, free 2 day shipping. Many thanks :smile:
  4. RBrianTaylor

RBrianTaylor Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
  5. thenextpage

Oct 13, 2014
    They sell out fast! Read through this thread (link below); it gives some helpful tips on how to monitor for this or any web items. I used this to alert me when the 12-40 was back in stock @ outlet.

6. shaolinmonk

shaolinmonk Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Toronto Canada
    FYI I have one in my cart still and they just emailed me to tell me to check it out... I'm in Canada if anyone wants it PM me
  7. timware

timware New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    Little Rock, AR
    Tim Ware
    ^ LOL, thats why it showed in stock but I couldnt checkout ! and now the page is *gone*. I guess they got tried of people hitting refresh 1000 times a day, like I was.
  8. thenextpage

Oct 13, 2014
    For anyone who ordered this lens while in stock; it seems that at least some of us are dealing with a "back order" issue. I purchased the lens and received a follow-up order confirmation, stating that the lens would ship out that day or the next. I was then told by a customer rep this morning that the lens is on back-order, and won't ship to me until they have more inventory (which according to her could be 3 weeks or more). Apparently they don't notify you if your item is back-ordered either - you have to call and ask to receive that information:)

So heads up to you if you're waiting for this lens to arrive... you may be waiting a while.
  9. KellyinPA

KellyinPA Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2011
    I'm in a similar situation. My online account says the order is "complete" but hasn't shipped. My credit card info showed a pending charge immediately after I placed the order on 11/18 until this morning, but that is gone now.