1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

zooms that dont cause a flash shadow with GF3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by uci2ci, Jan 11, 2014.

1. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    I bought a GF3+14mm a while back from Sammys when they were clearing them out...sold the 14mm and gave the GF3 to my girl along with my 14-150mm. Well, she gets a shadow in pics at the wide end when she uses the built in flash. I was thinking of getting her a G Vario 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 Mega OIS lens. Does anyone know if this lens causes a shadow or not?

Any other cheap (used 100 dollars-ish) zooms that for sure dont cause a shadow?

2. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Any wide view lens together with the flash's position is going to experience this shadow. Any external flash repositioned would fix this issue

• Like Like x 1
  3. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    You can angle the flash upward to bounce, that might help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    I didn't know the GF3 had a tilting flash! Shame on me for not checking for it. Thanks Vin. You might have just saved us some cash :D

5. Mike Ronesia

Mike Ronesia Mu-43 Regular

Sep 16, 2013
    Saipan
    Mark James
    Fine a 12-32 when they start selling them. It's an awesome little lens.

6. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    I'm not 100% sure, but I know my GF2 can do it, and the GF3 looks like a similar assembly.

7. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    Don't have the camera on hand to try it myslef, but this video shows that you can tilt the flash.
    http://cnettv.cnet.com/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gf3/9742-1_53-50108770.html

I told my girl to try it when she gets home. I'm sure she'll have something to say tomorrow ;)