Showcase ZM-5A LZOS 500mm f/8 (m42)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by DavideF, Sep 27, 2016.

1. DavideF

DavideF Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Torino, Italy
    Very heavy soviet mirror lens, f/8 fixed aperture. Designed by Maksutov, whose life alone is worth the price of this lovely monster (1,2 kg). It fell from a table, apart from a slight dent on the wooden floor, no damage at all. I shot these pics on a tripod: manual focus is tricky, but in the end this lens is a lot of fun, not to mention all the physical (free) exercise involved.

heron022. seag004.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Bizzarre. It's a mirror lens, but no doughnut'ing? Did you do anything to enhance the contrast or saturation?

By the way, it's ZM-5A... ;-)

3. DavideF

DavideF Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Torino, Italy
    Yes "3" is "Z" in cyrillic, but I found a mixed use of 3 and z in the pages related to that lens. Feel free to correct the title, I can't do it myself, apparently. I just added some contrast and saturation, but not that much. I have other pics with doughnut effect, I guess in the above case there's not much of that because light was coming from the side.

4. DavideF

DavideF Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Torino, Italy
    no edit at all here... Noedit1.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DavideF

DavideF Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Torino, Italy
    bad one with doughnuts...

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.