Zhongyi Lens Turbo II - FD mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by HarryS, Jan 28, 2016.

1. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I just found it in the mailbox this evening. I ordered the FD mount version because my most used legacy are FD mount, although I can also fit OM and M42 to FD. Initial impressions.

1, Unlike other FD adapters I own, which have that doggone open-close ring to set aperture, the ZY adapter uses a fixed pin to position the aperture arm on FD lenses. The pin is parallel to the arm whereas other adapters have it perpendicular, so it missed the lever on one of my lenses, It fit three others.To be fair, the lever might have been bent on the first lens. I tweaked that lens lever with a pliers and all was well.

It seemed to mount fairly easily though.

2. The reducing lens on RJ adapters sometimes hits the shelf above the sensor/shutter, and some users have to adjust it. The back end of ZY lens is smaller in diameter by .200", and I did not think it hit the shelf on my EPL5 or EM5.

I paid $150 USD and bought it from an ebay vendor rather than from ZY directly.

3. Nice box.

4. Nice printing.

I did a little testing. Compared to my RJ model. the ZY seems uniform in all four corners, and maybe a little sharper wide open than the RJ. using my FD50. Actually, my RJ had a bad lower left corner, so this unit is much better.
    • Like Like x 3