Zenfolio site changes?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by imahawki, Oct 2, 2014.

1. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    I posted this on the Zenfolio site but haven't gotten any feedback yet. I've used Zenfolio for years as a little more customizable and nicer looking (IMO) alternative to the likes of flckr. I hadn't really changed my site much other than uploading new content. But this week I got a wild hair and went through their new templates. I found one I liked and applied it only to discover that pretty much my ONLY USED FEATURE of the site is now missing.

See attached image - Prior to picking a new template, on the menu dropdown there was a share option. When I clicked it, I got many options including sharing on facebook or twitter, or getting a direct URL to various different sizes of the image. Because I share images on this forum and others, this was how I got a URL to an X by Y size image to share. This option is now gone. I don't know if this is to protect photographers from having their images hot linked to or what? I can still share images in this manner from inside "My Zenfolio" but IMO that interface is pretty kludgy.

Does anyone else know what I'm referring to? Is this a global change Zenfolio made or is there a setting I can change?

Attached Files:

2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Did you try right clicking on the image (make sure you are signed in too)

3. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    I am signed in. Clicking on the image brings up the "dim the lights view".

4. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    when I right click there is an option to share...try it zooming/different sizes in possibly? I too noticed a change a while back, but this works for me currently. Perhaps it is frame/style dependent?

5. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    Yeah, I'm not getting any of those options. When I right click I get "Buy, Dim the Lights, Download".

6. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    I got it fixed due to some help from the Zenfolio forum. They were slow to respond initially but did jump in and help. There's a setting to turn this on but I was looking in the Homepage Settings area and you have to go into Photo Settings and Thumbnail settings. Still poor programming on their part to allow what is essentially a skin change to alter user preferences.

• Like Like x 1
  7. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    I'll add another note in case someone finds this thread later. I discovered after the fact that the changes only applied to the ONE gallery I was in. When making these changes there is a button over on the right (away from the controls your changing which are on the left) which says update default or something to that effect. You have to click that and then save for whatever changes you made to apply on all galleries or all thumbnail pages.