Zeiss Tessar bayonet adaptor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Sugarman, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Sugarman

Sugarman Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    Hi

I have access to a number of CZ lenses that were used with an ageing Icarex camera. The lenses are bayonet mount (Carl Zeiss Tessar) and I have been searching for an adaptor but I am a little confused. I see that some forum member are using Zeiss lenses and I am hoping that some of you could guide me towards what sort of adaptor I should be looking for to use on the Panasonic G1.

Thanks in advance

Joe

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    You may have to fashion an adapter yourself. The Icarex had a unique mount, one of the reasons for its demise.

3. Sugarman

Sugarman Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks for the info Hikari.... yep, it seems that way. I have had no luck finiding anything on the net. I am going to send an enquire to Zeiss and see if they can help me. It would be such a pity to let these lenses die.

Joe

4. Bcostin

Bcostin Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 10, 2010
    You may want to broaden your search to include Icarex lens adapters for other bodies, too.

I have no experience with the Icarex adapters, but it appears there's one for Canon EOS bodies, for example. You could simply stack the Icarex-to-EOS adapter with an EOS-m43 adapter and have a workable combination.

While stacking adapters might sound clumsy, it actually works pretty well. I already have a few adapters designed for Canon FD and Pentax M42 screwmount. I use them with my E-P1 and G1 in combination with one intermediate adapter, rather than buy another whole set just for m43.

5. Sugarman

Sugarman Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    Bcostin... many thanks. You confirm the info that was sent to me from RainbowImaging.

I have just bought two other adaptors one for a Revuenon and another for a Rokkor... added to the FD I already had, so I think the Zeiss will have to wait..... patience...... but it is difficult... isn't it? I would so love to try the Zeiss lenses!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Joe