1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Zeiss Tessar bayonet adaptor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Sugarman, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Sugarman

Sugarman Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    Hi

I have access to a number of CZ lenses that were used with an ageing Icarex camera. The lenses are bayonet mount (Carl Zeiss Tessar) and I have been searching for an adaptor but I am a little confused. I see that some forum member are using Zeiss lenses and I am hoping that some of you could guide me towards what sort of adaptor I should be looking for to use on the Panasonic G1.

Thanks in advance

Joe

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    You may have to fashion an adapter yourself. The Icarex had a unique mount, one of the reasons for its demise.

3. Sugarman

Sugarman Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks for the info Hikari.... yep, it seems that way. I have had no luck finiding anything on the net. I am going to send an enquire to Zeiss and see if they can help me. It would be such a pity to let these lenses die.

Joe

4. Bcostin

Bcostin Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 10, 2010
    You may want to broaden your search to include Icarex lens adapters for other bodies, too.

I have no experience with the Icarex adapters, but it appears there's one for Canon EOS bodies, for example. You could simply stack the Icarex-to-EOS adapter with an EOS-m43 adapter and have a workable combination.

While stacking adapters might sound clumsy, it actually works pretty well. I already have a few adapters designed for Canon FD and Pentax M42 screwmount. I use them with my E-P1 and G1 in combination with one intermediate adapter, rather than buy another whole set just for m43.

5. Sugarman

Sugarman Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    Bcostin... many thanks. You confirm the info that was sent to me from RainbowImaging.

I have just bought two other adaptors one for a Revuenon and another for a Rokkor... added to the FD I already had, so I think the Zeiss will have to wait..... patience...... but it is difficult... isn't it? I would so love to try the Zeiss lenses!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Joe