1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Zeiss Biogon T* 28mm f2.8 ZM lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by BillN, Sep 28, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Zeiss Biogon T* 28mm f2.8 ZM lens

Just bought one off Ebay - (in readiness for my used M8 or new M9 - wishful thinking!!!!)

I have read good reports versus the Leica offerings and therefore anxious to try it out

Anyone got one and used it on their M43

Great to see a few images and have opinions

Cheers

2. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    I was looking at these the other day for my E-P2, and apparently you'll need to take a hacksaw to it to make it fit the adaptor on :43: ...

EDIT oops it seems that's wrong -- the Metabones is supposed to be ok without sawing bits off the lens

I'm intrigued though Bill that as you have a camera, and a metabones adapter, and now the lens, why you need to get opinions and images from others? Why not just mount the lens and start snapping?

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    It is not the G lens but the M Leica fitting Zeiss - I have a G lens with a Metabones adapter

The 28mm Zeiss M has not yet arrived and I will not have it for a month until I visit the UK - I have all the stuff that I buy in the UK delivered to my daughter in the UK

I am interest in opinions from people who have used the lens - on both M43 and Leica M8/M9

(PS - The Metabones adapter is a big chunk of metal - I think that I posted a few comments the other day - plus I have posted a few images
    - it is OK - OK to focus - but focuses past infinity and I cannot use it with my Arca Swiss Ball head as the adapter "fouls" the fitting plate)

4. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    ah yes .. your post clearly says "ZM" ... and I'm not paying attention properly ... sorry Bill to waste your time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.