1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Zeiss Biogon T* 28mm f2.8 ZM lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by BillN, Sep 28, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Zeiss Biogon T* 28mm f2.8 ZM lens

Just bought one off Ebay - (in readiness for my used M8 or new M9 - wishful thinking!!!!)

I have read good reports versus the Leica offerings and therefore anxious to try it out

Anyone got one and used it on their M43

Great to see a few images and have opinions

Cheers

2. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    I was looking at these the other day for my E-P2, and apparently you'll need to take a hacksaw to it to make it fit the adaptor on :43: ...

EDIT oops it seems that's wrong -- the Metabones is supposed to be ok without sawing bits off the lens

I'm intrigued though Bill that as you have a camera, and a metabones adapter, and now the lens, why you need to get opinions and images from others? Why not just mount the lens and start snapping?

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    It is not the G lens but the M Leica fitting Zeiss - I have a G lens with a Metabones adapter

The 28mm Zeiss M has not yet arrived and I will not have it for a month until I visit the UK - I have all the stuff that I buy in the UK delivered to my daughter in the UK

I am interest in opinions from people who have used the lens - on both M43 and Leica M8/M9

(PS - The Metabones adapter is a big chunk of metal - I think that I posted a few comments the other day - plus I have posted a few images
    - it is OK - OK to focus - but focuses past infinity and I cannot use it with my Arca Swiss Ball head as the adapter "fouls" the fitting plate)

4. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    ah yes .. your post clearly says "ZM" ... and I'm not paying attention properly ... sorry Bill to waste your time!