ZD 150mm ƒ2.0 + EC-16/EC-20 + EM1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Phocal, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Well I have finally gotten the money to buy the lens I have been lusting after for some time. So, I was wondering if there is anyone here who has any or all of the combinations above that could give me their impression of it.

I have already looked at the photos in the image thread. From what I can tell by those photos I will be happy using the EC-20 with this lens. It seems to be plenty sharp with the EC-20, really sharp with the EC-14, and jaw dropping amazing with none. Currently I use the ZD 50-200 SWD + EC-14 and the 150mm combo will replace this as my main wildlife lens as it will be more reach and about 3/4 stop faster at the long end. Anyone with experience with both lenses able to tell me if my thinking is correct or if the IQ will be better with the 50-200 + EC-14?

My other concern is focus speed. How does the lens by itself compare to the 50-200 in speed? How much does it change when adding on the EC's?

If anyone is able to answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it. Any other information about the 150 or other discussions are also welcomed.

Thanks in advance,