Z-Cam E1

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by griswoldo, Sep 10, 2016.

1. griswoldo

griswoldo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    Just curious if anyone has heard of, seen, or used the Z-cam E1 before? It's a GoPro-sized camera with an m43 mount.

Online reviews I've seen are mixed, but I'm primarily interested in it as a super compact stills camera rather than video, and most everything I can find about this camera only talks about video (here's a well-written one). I don't care about mountain biking or drone footage - I basically just want to know how quickly the camera can aquire focus and snap a photo, and whether that photo looks comparable to the output of an average m43 camera (i.e. the old Panasonic GM or GF line).

It's strange because I don't think I've ever seen an Amazon product before where every single review is a "Vine Customer Review of Free Product". The camera is backordered on Amazon though until September 14, so either people are buying it or the guy is just slow to make more of them - this was a Kickstarter project, after all. :cautious:
  2. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Wow has the price gone up. I remember when I saw this camera on Kickstarter going for $400(I think) for the body, with promises of the retail price being around the $500-550 range.