1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Yummy food (+some color desaturate issue)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by zerotiu, Dec 11, 2011.

1. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    Beef_Steak_1.
    Surf_and_Turf_1.
    and this the color issue when I upload to my site (I realized this because the real one (on my mac) looks more delicious than the one i've uploaded). Does anyone know why this happens? and how can I fix it? Uploading the image on facebook still maintains the color, but not if it is uploaded to my site.

crab boonuss :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Are you using Adobe RGB color space?

3. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    The color profile? Yes.

I've found the problems. It's because the file type and php library. The desaturated image uses JPEG/JPG and the normal one uses PNG.

Different sites process upload images differently. I found that mine always convert any file types to JPEG. That's the problem :frown:. I've fixed this.
    Maybe this will help if someone has same problem :smile:

4. stratokaster

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    You should never use Adobe RGB, if your images are intended for the web.

sRGB is the standard color space for 99% of the devices. Some browsers (like Safari) display Adobe RGB correctly because they recognize built-in color profiles, but others do not.

Saving photos as PNGs is not a good solution because they become huge. This maybe problematic for mobile users.

Just switch to sRGB. You will probably never see differences between Adobe RGB and sRGB in terms of color gamut, because I suspect your monitor is limited to sRGB color space.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I've tried again. JPG with no adobe color profile. The image is still desaturated:frown: but not with PNG. I still don't have any clue. I upload the jpeg to facebook and postimage, the result is normal. :confused: something wrong happens.

Wait, this adobe color profile is applied when we save as jpg in adobe right? (checkbox with color profile option). Or there's another color profile is applied beside this?

6. stratokaster

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    What software are you using? If your image is in Adobe RGB, you need to convert it to sRGB before saving (Edit -> Convert to profile...)

• Like Like x 1
  7. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I've changed my image to sRGB profile. Now the color is more accurate if it is compared with the one in my computer. Although is still different but I'm happier :biggrin:

So this is the highest quality I can get from image that I want to display in web? Because it's still different from my computer (I try to display it on mac screen and PC screen)

8. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I find that PNG interlaced file worth trying. It's a usual PNG which has bigger size than JPG. The different is on the loading method. It loads first with pixelate image and then becomes better and better while loading until the final image.

After thinking, I don't know if PNG interlaced will be better. JPEG file is has 100% smaller size than PNG..

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Some good seafood there...:cool: