1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yukon Tactical Scout Sling Pack on Woot ($35 w/S+H)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by GKTodd, Sep 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GKTodd

GKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 22, 2012
    U.S.
    This looked like an intriguing option for a m43 (and gadget) gear bag for $35 shipped. Does anyone have any experience with Yukon Outfitters (or this style of bag for that matter)? Thanks!

Yukon Tactical Scout Sling Pack (woot)

Scout_Sling_Pack_Two_Tone_Front_grande.

2. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    I have a similar bag from Maxpedition, a Sitka Gearslinger:
    http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Sitka-Gearslinger-37p926.htm
    I use it for fly fishing and love that one. The ability to move it around to your front without taking it off (like a backback) is really really convenient.
    Assuming it is similar inside to Gearslinger, there is probably little padding for camera equipment. I have carried camera stuff on mine on fishing outings, but made sure the gear (LX7 or GM1) was inside a lens pouch or small camera bag. Also, this one probably is not that water proof if like mine.
    At $35 it is a heck of a deal though I paid maybe $150 for mine.

3. GKTodd

GKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 22, 2012
    U.S.
    Thanks for your response! I think this one is more like this Maxpedition Remora (so a little smaller), but it's still about 1/3 the $100 price for the smaller Maxpedition. I might bite :)

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Remora-Gearslinger-72p384.htm

I'm just looking for something that might carry my ipad and my G5 w/14-140 and maybe my 20f/1.7.

4. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    I just remembered, before I bought mine I watched a few youtube video reviews of these types of bags (there are way too many of these BTW, especially from those who like to carry concealed weapons....), but they are informative.

here is one for Yukon bag

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. GKTodd

GKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 22, 2012
    U.S.
    Yep, this is the one in the woot listing as well. I watched it and it looks like it'll definitely fit my items. Thanks!

6. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I just don't get the appeal of tactical looking gear for normal things. All the extra straps and buckles aren't all that useful, and really just add to the weight and get caught on things. It's funny to see civilians wanting tactical/mil-spec gear, while us in the military generally avoid it like the plague or remove all the extraneous stuff if we are forced to use it so that it doesn't look like we're in the military.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. EricRose

EricRose Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2014
    The upper 12
    Eric Rose
    Put some Velcro on your camera strap and now you have a "tactical" strap worth twice the money.

• Like Like x 1
  8. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    The grass is always greener... ;)

9. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    Sold out.