Your Top Five for March

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
This is the time of year I should be out shooting wildlife but it seems all my free time has been spent in a climbing gym, my new obsession. All photos are taken with the Voightlander 42.5mm and all shot wide-open...……...if you are going to shoot a f0.95 lens why not shoot it wide-open? All photos are also of my very good friend and climbing partner Amanda. Next month we will be getting our lead rope certifications and I do feel sorry for her when I fall. I am 200lbs and she is 115lbs, even with the Ohm she will go up the wall before stopping my fall.

I really love shooting climbing with a manual focus lens and the Voightlander is such a smooth lens to operate. My next lens is going to be the Voightlander 17.5mm, really need something wider for the gym.

I am also just learning how to shoot climbing in a gym. Glad I have such a willing model to put up with my photography. But she does have her own personal photographer and gets lots of cool shots for social media.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Climbing 001 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

Climbing 002 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

Climbing 003 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

Climbing 004 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

Climbing 005 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

This is the time of year I should be out shooting wildlife but it seems all my free time has been spent in a climbing gym, my new obsession. All photos are taken with the Voightlander 42.5mm and all shot wide-open...……...if you are going to shoot a f0.95 lens why not shoot it wide-open? All photos are also of my very good friend and climbing partner Amanda. Next month we will be getting our lead rope certifications and I do feel sorry for her when I fall. I am 200lbs and she is 115lbs, even with the Ohm she will go up the wall before stopping my fall.

I really love shooting climbing with a manual focus lens and the Voightlander is such a smooth lens to operate. My next lens is going to be the Voightlander 17.5mm, really need something wider for the gym.

I am also just learning how to shoot climbing in a gym. Glad I have such a willing model to put up with my photography. But she does have her own personal photographer and gets lots of cool shots for social media.

Climbing 001 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

View attachment 731445Climbing 002 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

View attachment 731446Climbing 003 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

View attachment 731447Climbing 004 by Phocal Art, on Flickr

View attachment 731448Climbing 005 by Phocal Art, on Flickr
You're missing the best climbing weather in TX! This is Reimer's and E-Rock season. Pace Bend once it gets too hot in another month or two

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
You're missing the best climbing weather in TX! This is Reimer's and E-Rock season. Pace Bend once it gets too hot in another month or two
I know. I separated my shoulder a month ago and still recovering, which isn't going so well. Was at the gym yesterday and was trying to do the route I separated my shoulder on and I hurt it again, set my recovery back at least 2 weeks. Amanda is going to Australia next week and when she gets back we will be going to E-Rock. We will also be getting lead certified, which is going to be a bitch for her when I fall (I am 200lbs, she is 115lbs). In May I will be at Reimers at least twice. Once will be with a group of friends from work to celebrate a group of us getting lead certified. The other time will be with work at what REI calls an ETE or Educational Training Experience. It will be 4 days with reps from all the companies whos gear we sell. Lots of free stuff and lots of getting to play with everything and anything, so looking forward to it. I am going to the Bike ETE this month but not sure how much riding I will be able to do. Riding really stresses my shoulder (more than climbing believe it or not), but hoping to get to shred some hills on some of those fancy $5,000 mountain bikes.

I know. I separated my shoulder a month ago and still recovering, which isn't going so well. Was at the gym yesterday and was trying to do the route I separated my shoulder on and I hurt it again, set my recovery back at least 2 weeks. Amanda is going to Australia next week and when she gets back we will be going to E-Rock. We will also be getting lead certified, which is going to be a bitch for her when I fall (I am 200lbs, she is 115lbs). In May I will be at Reimers at least twice. Once will be with a group of friends from work to celebrate a group of us getting lead certified. The other time will be with work at what REI calls an ETE or Educational Training Experience. It will be 4 days with reps from all the companies whos gear we sell. Lots of free stuff and lots of getting to play with everything and anything, so looking forward to it. I am going to the Bike ETE this month but not sure how much riding I will be able to do. Riding really stresses my shoulder (more than climbing believe it or not), but hoping to get to shred some hills on some of those fancy $5,000 mountain bikes.
Nice. Those two areas have completely diff flavors but are both good in their own way. My wife is frequently my belayer and she has definitely broken her foot going skyward when I took a big whip. She didn't drop me though!

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
Nice. Those two areas have completely diff flavors but are both good in their own way. My wife is frequently my belayer and she has definitely broken her foot going skyward when I took a big whip. She didn't drop me though!
Yes they are and I can't wait to get out there this and next month. Beginning of the week we did an overnight kayak trip that was really fun and now she want's me to plan a 4-5 day trip down the Frio River.

That sucks for your wife. I have complete trust in Amanda to not let me hit the ground, she may be tiny but damn...………...is that girl strong.

Sig

Mu-43 Veteran

firokeda

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wojtek B.
Taken during a family trip to the Kościeliska Valley, Tatra Mountains, Poland. GX8 + PL 15mm, PL 25mm.

Last edited:

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
Too much work and interesting weather - only 1 from March I really like:

Winter Waves

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Sounds like you're in condition to take on the Reflection Canyon challenge. About a 20 mile round trip walk in the desert. This month will be the last opportunity before the excessive desert heat. Next opportunity will be after monsoon season when winter starts heavy rains that make 50 mile off road getting there impassable. A mountain bike may be possible. But I've never seen anyone do it on a bike. Vehicles are prohibited on those areas. Anyway, best of wishes on your adventures.

Real Name
Tom Remisoski
E-P5 17mm 1.8 @ 4.0
Austin Winter Walk by Thomas Remisoski, on Flickr

E-P5 17mm 1.8 @ 4.0
Trees at the Golden Hour by Thomas Remisoski, on Flickr

E-P5 LUMIX G VARIO 45-200 zoomed to 200mm @ 5.6
First Geese of Spring 2019 by Thomas Remisoski, on Flickr

E-P5 17mm 1.8 @ 1.8
Hot Wing Eating Competition - 2019 by Thomas Remisoski, on Flickr

E-P5 17mm 1.8 @ 1.8
Stumps Stumps Stumps by Thomas Remisoski, on Flickr

NACEOD

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Rob
Photos from one of the last games of this season. My son is the goalie in #1 and 3. It was also the first time using my new Sigma 30mm f2.8. I really like it. #4 is a Vivitar 135mm f2. 8.

Last edited:
Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?

neelsd

Mu-43 Veteran

Sig

Mu-43 Veteran
View attachment 735955
Sacramento from the air by DreyerPictures, on Flickr

View attachment 735956
Sacramento at Night by DreyerPictures, on Flickr

View attachment 735957
Sacramento at Night by DreyerPictures, on Flickr

View attachment 735958
Mikes Camera Sacramento Photo Walk by DreyerPictures, on Flickr

View attachment 735959
Mikes Camera Sacramento Photo Walk by DreyerPictures, on Flickr
Nice! I think you got a paparazzi in action in one of your other shots (brunette, pink dress, leaning on the blue post).

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom