Your Top 5 for June 2021

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
P6200006.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P6280040 (1).jpeg
P6200008 (1).jpeg
P6240023 (1).jpeg
P6240014 (1).jpeg

sbm

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Sam
Yes same here. I just dream of a month when I can take 5 photos that would look good enough in these threads
I remember feeling the same way not so long ago (sometimes still do), so I totally understand. But there's no standard for posting, and once you do a couple of times, you might find it worthwhile. At the very least, I'd recommend choosing a fav five each month and throw them in a folder. I try to choose at least one image from each thing I shoot, whether I made nine or 900 frames that day.

Regardless, I'm now in the habit of picking five photos every month. Even if I don't share them (like May, when I didn't feel like running afoul of UIL rules) I put them in my folder for the year. So come January, I ought to have 60* images to choose from for the year. It's much less time-consuming if I remember to select my favs as I go, rather than digging back through dozens, then hundreds, or thousands of images later on.

Either way, reviewing my own stuff with a critical eye through the years has already proven instructive, and it's encouraging to see my progress over time, and see where I'd like to continue to improve.

*I already have 33 through June, because I couldn't narrow it down to just five in April, when I had 32 images from 29 events to select from for the month.

(as usually, overwhelmed!):thumbsup:

Yes same here. I just dream of a month when I can take 5 photos that would look good enough in these threads

I remember feeling the same way not so long ago (sometimes still do), so I totally understand. But there's no standard for posting, and once you do a couple of times, you might find it worthwhile.

Personally, I think one of the best things about this forum is the wide range of subjects, styles and skills that is on display. There is no need for everyone to present mind-blowing images. Just as there is no need for every image to be unnecessarily critiqued. I would rather see examples from people of all levels. As well as see how people progress and change over time. I think this monthly thread could be a great tool for that.

For that matter, I just like seeing what other people are doing in other places. Especially in this pandemic threatened world.

Last edited:
em1-3-20210612-6123858-Edit.jpg
em1-3-20210620-6200315-Edit.jpg
em1-3-20210626-6260521.jpg
em1-3-20210626-6260801.jpg
em1-3-20210626-6260911.jpg

Real Name
Melissa
Real Name
Melissa
I really like these threads because it makes me look back and see what images i´ve been taking and witch ones that i think works better than others, and a lot of the time i like different images more now after a few weeks of not looking at them :) so keep adding youre top5.
I completely agree!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom