Your three-lens lineup of choice right now?

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Mine is also buying cameras.

35mm, 6x6, and 4x5
Looking for a 6x7 or 6x9.

I need to set up a darkroom, so that I can use the cameras.
Nah, you can develop film without a darkroom and just scan the negatives into the computer. My entire setup fits in two small tubs, and that includes my film dryer. I use a copy stand and camera to scan, but I am keen to try a nice scanner.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
It's apparently been almost 3 years so I thought I'd see what I wrote in this thread back in 2018. Man, was I off on predicting the future. Who knew I'd turn into more of a prime shooter? My current 3 lens lineup is the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, and the Olympus 45mm f/1.8. These three live in my man purse that goes everywhere. One of them (usually the 20mm) is on the camera and the other two are on back caps that are glued together.

I MIGHT end up switching the 45mm out for either a Helios 44-2 or a Sigma 30mm f/2.8. I don't have either at the moment but they are both on the wish list ;-)

I have the Helios 44-2 and at 58mm it is too long to be a true replacement for your 45mm f1.8
With a focal reducer of .72x I get much closer to the FOV but of course no AF. Fun lens though, and if you can get the lighting right that swirly bokeh.

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My hobby is buying lenses, not using them, then selling at a loss.
Sounds like me right now. I've been buying lenses, but I can't really go out to use them. lol.

So far right now I have 2 lenses that I do want to keep: The Panasonic 8-18mm and the 20mm. I have two other lenses (PL 12mm F1.4 and PL 15mm F1.7) and I'm not sure which one to keep and which one to sell. I tend to stay on the wider side, so I like that about the 12mm, but the 15mm is super light.

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For say on holiday to cover everything, has to be 5 for me. Oly 8mm FE, PL 8-18, Oly 12-100, PL 15, Pana 42.5 and PL 100-400. If only 3 allowed, then the 3 zooms. As the 5 lenses I mention are still within my weight limit, with an EM1.2, I also take a PL 12 1.4 for astro and Oly 60 macro.
Oooh you also have the PL 12 and PL 15. I have those two, and would love to add the Oly 8mm FE...

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nah, you can develop film without a darkroom and just scan the negatives into the computer. My entire setup fits in two small tubs, and that includes my film dryer. I use a copy stand and camera to scan, but I am keen to try a nice scanner.

Yeah I can, but I soooo miss a wet darkroom.
Agree it can be a pain to setup and use, but it is a peaceful way to work. I've worked on a computer for so many years, that to me computer = work.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
If shooting close ups, I would take the P30, PL45 and O60mm, with autotubes and Raynox 250.

mcgillro

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For me it goes in phases - sometimes relates to something I've read in a magazine or online, a technique I want to try; or maybe new piece of kit.

So for me currently the new Xi 42.5 f/1.8 is on the camera, Oly 12-40 f/2.8 in the bag, as was my almost "go to" since buying it. And if feeling energetic and think there be some birds the PL 100 -300.

Next week it might be different, but the lens most likely to be left at home is the 100 -300 unless I think likely to be some birds. I do usually have somewhere in my luggage the 14 - 140 PL, as it is so versatile, but don't always carry it.

Having said all that, I can go for weeks deciding to use just one prime - so maybe I oughtn't have responded here :)

threeOh

Mu-43 Regular
A fixed 35mm equivalent on an X100V.
Followed by the PL15 and O25/1.8 on a GM1.

Travel kit is zoom centric, on a “large” GX9 body.

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
Leaving for a trip to Utah tomorrow so the three lens thing is on my mind. My plan will be to take the 12-35 and 35-100 Panasonic Zooms for general purpose use which the 12-35 will get >95% of the use. Next, I will take the 12mm prime for some Astro attempts in what I expect to be some good dark sky opportunities.

The 7.5mm/f2 Liowa may come along but it is so small that it does not count. :)

DGoakill

Mu-43 Regular
PL 25mm or 12-35mm II - this changes weekly, but one is always on with me.
PL Noct 42.5mm - might be the best lens I've ever owned.
PL 50-200mm - amazing lens in all areas.

Real Name
Mark
I have the Helios 44-2 and at 58mm it is too long to be a true replacement for your 45mm f1.8
With a focal reducer of .72x I get much closer to the FOV but of course no AF. Fun lens though, and if you can get the lighting right that swirly bokeh.
There is no "replacing" going on. That assumes lenses are going away. Which just doesn't even make sense. What is wrong with you? ;-)

The 45 will just not be in my bag everyday (maybe). People photography is my thing and backing up a little outdoors isn't going to bother me; plus, swirly bokeh!!! (the real reason I want that lens).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom