..::Your thoughts about a new member interview::..

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Iconindustries, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hello everyone. This morning as I woke up I tried to access the forum from my mobile phone but it didn't work. It felt like I was missing something out of my day. I'm glad I was able to get on it with my macbook:)

What is it about this forum that makes me want to look at it every day or every few days. If i don't get to have a browse why do i feel like i've missed something?

It got me thinking and probably the reason I like it because it feels like a family. To see the regular posters and everyone discussing aspects of one thing we all love. Look what has brought this together- photography! One thing I've learnt quite young is that objects are just stuff, in time it becomes meaningless. The one thing we should really put our energy into- is people. When it all boils down, it's a friend that means way more than a camera. And that's why I like this forum because I've created friendships with people. Hold onto your friends, friends:)

In the past the one thing that got me in and gave this forum a personal touch is the member interviews. A great way to get to know each other and there are things I've learnt from these amazing stories. We used to have one every few months. Here's a few from the past. PeterB666, Kevin Paris, Inmyeye, Iansky

We haven't had one for quite awhile and now that we have a lot of new faces I thought it would be nice to have another one. To give them the opportunity to create friends by knowing somebody a little more.

Would you like to have another interview?

If you do, who would you like to be interviewed? One person came to mind is that legend Hikari. The guy that is always right- Hikari must be chocka block full of interesting stories. ( I hope you don't mind Hikari but I honestly think you are a legend.)

And I know you need an interviewee (big word aye). I'm ok for that, although my grammar isn't really good and you might have someone else you think would be better for the job.

So i guess in summary:

would you enjoy another interview and who would you like to be interviewed. And who would you like to be the interviewee.

thanks friends,
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    That's a nice idea Brady.....
  3. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    I would love to read such interviews, but don't think I would be interesting enough to be interviewed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App
  4. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I think that Alan would be my choice
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    icon, thanks for the vote of confidence. I am truly flattered. But to be honest, I don't really have any interesting stories. (And as you know, I am always right.)
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think Hikari and Alan, both already suggested here, would make for great interviews. I'd love to see an interview of Bill Gordon. There are quite a few members who I'd love to see interviewed.

Thanks for bringing back this idea, Brady :2thumbs:.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    make it happen, please. I can read about future cameras for so long.....LOL.
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    +1 for Bill Gorden

Then there's:

Garya Ayala

Don Hart

• Like Like x 3
  10. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    I'd also love to see an interview of Bill Gordon. Obvious other ones would be Amin and Streetshooter, and the infamous Brian Mosley!! Oooh I could go on, so many interesting folk here.
  11. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I think your really "The Man" and you are gathering information on members of this secret society. I'm so glad my camera doesn't have GPS so you can track me. Iconindustries, must be a cover for MIB:cool:
  12. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm just glad that Brady volunteered to be the interviewer (we all know what he meant when he said interviewee).
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2011
    +1 for Bill, +1 for Alan, to add another, Flash.
  14. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    I like Alan's list, though I'd put Alan in there as well :)
  15. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Excellent everyone- sound like a interview is a go. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm a little tied up with helping my uncle with the cotton picking for the next 2 or so weeks but after that I'll have the time to do it.

I'll look forward to it.

16. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    I'll vote for petach :cool:
  17. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

18. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Amin, and Janine4d (contest winner and for the awesome Paper Boat serie)
  19. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Being interviewed is kind of fun...certainly in my case it helped me get clear in my own head what are my views on photography in general and on my photography in particular

If you are asked... just do it.... it doesn't hurt a lot :)

20. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Yes, this list would be interesting, although I think my inclusion among this lot of really fine people is very much undeserved. Like Hikari, I honestly don't have many interesting personal stories to share, but I sure like the friendliness of this place and the kindness of everyone involved.