Your source for adapted lenses?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by sprinke, May 22, 2011.

1. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Just wondering where you are usually finding your adapted lenses. Feel free to check up to three options!
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I had to choose other as most of mine have been "recollected" from the folks I gave them to years ago...

3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    ebay, eBay, and...err...eBay! Other online auction sites available in Australia are tiny by comparison. The only real exception is a camera show I attended a few years ago. A lot of the traditional pawnbrokers have disappeared where I live and have been taken over by chain stores with bright lights and seem to make more money from loaning money against possessions at ridiculous rates rather than from selling second hand goods.
  4. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I also selected "Other". I purchased my three Zeiss lenses new about 16 years ago when I purchased my Contax 35mm. The fact that I already owned these lenses and could use them with the Gf1 was my primary reason for going with a :43: camera. My other three legacy lenses are all Canon FD lenses: one purchased on Ebay, the other two from KEH.
  5. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    I bought one at a local camera store. The rest are from my film cameras, all purchased in the early 80's. Of couse, now that I think about it, those were all from local camera stores as well.
  6. MarylandUSA

MarylandUSA Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Paul Franklin Stregevsky
    reputable online dealers like KEH, Adorama, B&H Photo, and Igor Cameras.
  7. dukiebluedoc

dukiebluedoc New to Mu-43

May 4, 2013
  8. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    I get most of my from Goodwill.
  9. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    I checked "other" as my primary, and nearly exclusive, source has been "the back of a storage closet". I've simply raided the boxes of older cameras that have been on my shelf for decades.
  10. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    ebay and places like this. Once upon a time it was relatively easy to find bargains on ebay, but at this point I feel it is hardly worth the effort to look for them. If I am going to pay "full price" I'm more comfortable here or on FM dealing with established sellers.
  11. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    As the question was phrased in the curerent tense, I'll ignore the lenses I got 20+ years ago (these were from local photo shops or family members).
    Unfortunatly all of those have now disapeared.
    At least 7 of the options have provided me with legacy glass in the last 5 years.
  12. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Sort of all of the above - but many of mine came from my prior film days.

Ebay would probably be 2nd, but the prices for old lenses on the bay have gone up noticeably over the past 3-4 years.