Your self portrait.

DefectiveMonk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
I'm new to slightly more thoughtful photography, and very much the neophyte to lighting. Only recently got off-camera flash (2 speedlights,) and the only modifiers I have are a homemade softbox and foam-core reflectors. Started off as a record of my self haircut and hirsute pandemic face. Slowly figuring this whole thing out, (posing, lighting, editing, everything,) so I'm open to advice!
I think you're off to a great start and that is one high-quality 'rona beard!

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@jrsilva
As with many, many others I've been enjoying your selfies. Are you permited to go outside to shoot in available light? Perhaps a roof top? or school yard? Parking garage? Action pic- playing chess?

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
@jrsilva
As with many, many others I've been enjoying your selfies. Are you permited to go outside to shoot in available light? Perhaps a roof top? or school yard? Parking garage? Action pic- playing chess?

Since around mid January my country is in severe lockdown.
It is allowed to go to work, do necessary shopping, medical necessities and a few other exceptions.
Of course I could walk down the road for a small walk (using mask) without any problem, but the bad weather and short days is keeping me from going outside.
The days are now getting longer and (more available light), and soon the rain and cold will pass.
Also the pandemic cases are decreasing (finally), so I do hope that soon there will be more freedom do go outside.
I'm getting tired of photographing myself, but I didn't wanted to stop shooting and I've been learning studio lightning during the lockdown.
I've got a few projects to shoot as soon as I can walk around freely.

Don W

Mu-43 Top Veteran
G9, Pana-Lumix 12-60
PG9_2963.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DefectiveMonk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
I'm getting tired of photographing myself, but I didn't wanted to stop shooting and I've been learning studio lightning during the lockdown.
Man, you are an inspiration! Literally!

With no school, there are no school pictures this year. So I bought a backdrop, dragged out my two-light umbrella kit, and next week I have "school pictures" scheduled for our family and a couple of others out in our garage. They won't be "Jaime Silva" quality but they'll be SOMETHING.

I also have a February contest entry inpired by you that I better get moving on. ;-)

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Man, you are an inspiration! Literally!

With no school, there are no school pictures this year. So I bought a backdrop, dragged out my two-light umbrella kit, and next week I have "school pictures" scheduled for our family and a couple of others out in our garage. They won't be "Jaime Silva" quality but they'll be SOMETHING.

I also have a February contest entry inpired by you that I better get moving on. ;-)

I'm pleased and honoured to be someone's inspiration.
I've been also inspired by many photographers around the world.
Every self portrait of mine have bits of knowledge taken from many different sources.
One positive thing that I've taken during this Pandemic is the time to search for information and to practice, learning and improving my portrait and studio lightning techniques.
I feel glad to pass that to other fellow photographers.
I'm sure you will be able to do excellent portraits and please your family ;)?

Gromit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Richard
Taken by our 10 yr old daughter a few days ago, using my Pen F:

PEN40243.jpg

LVP

Mu-43 Regular
Being a bit shy...
_2160089_DxO.jpg

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik

Jcarrith

Mu-43 Veteran
Taken by my fishing buddy with his Cannon. Not exactly self portrait but it does show me in my natural element.
castingflies.jpg

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Last edited:

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva

Latest threads

Top Bottom