Your self portrait.

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
P1024292.3.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gone down the drain ... that's what happens when you do selfies in the bathroom

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Stuck inside to prevent Corona-infection ... tea-time all day long and leisure to fool around.
P3221748.1.JPG

EM-5 with 2,8/60 macro

Last edited:

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Great shot, but two things:
1. Have you actually got any tea to put in the pot, as the stores round here have sold out?
2. Is that a cassette deck I see top left (looks a lot like my old Sony TC204 SD)? :dance4:

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Great shot, but two things:
1. Have you actually got any tea to put in the pot, as the stores round here have sold out?
2. Is that a cassette deck I see top left (looks a lot like my old Sony TC204 SD)? :dance4:
Enough tea left, Brian, as I always order my favourite Darjeeling First Flush in kilo packages (4 months left to go) ;)
The cassette deck is the Pioneer CT-95 that has been running for quarter of a century with no problems. It has survived my ASC tape deck.

Last edited:

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Change of perspective. The table cloth comes better, the signs of wear on the pot appear stronger and the reflection is less clear.
P3221749.1.JPG

EM-5 with 2,8/60 macro

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Experimenting a setup with a few speedlights.

Olympus OMD EM5 Mark II
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN
Godox X PRO-O
2 x Godox TT685o
1 x 40cm silver beauty dish + difuser
1 x 6" silver reflector + difuser
Olympus OI.Share App

P3162537.JPG

Last edited:
Real Name
Melissa
Needed an emergency image for a webinar I'm conducting next week. I really hate trying to take a self portrait. I was using the OI app on my phone and it kept disconnecting. I just couldn't get the vision in my head out of my camera. After two hours this was my keeper. I'm not thrilled with it, but it's better than an iPhone selfie, or cropping my head out of another pic taken by someone else.

How do you guys get such good self portraits??? Any feedback and tips are greatly appreciated.

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Needed an emergency image for a webinar I'm conducting next week. I really hate trying to take a self portrait. I was using the OI app on my phone and it kept disconnecting. I just couldn't get the vision in my head out of my camera. After two hours this was my keeper. I'm not thrilled with it, but it's better than an iPhone selfie, or cropping my head out of another pic taken by someone else.

How do you guys get such good self portraits??? Any feedback and tips are greatly appreciated.

View attachment 810181
I'm no expert on self portraits, but using a camera with fully articulated screen so you can turn it towards you and having either a wired remote or getting the app to work helps.
Putting the camera on a tripod is of course necessary. Hey, I start to think you know all this already!
On thing that I have for my G80 is a battery grip from Jupio, it came with a wireless remote, much cheaper than original grip also (~$80)! Maybe they have one for your EM1?

Sorry, this can't be much of a help.

Edit: Just thought of autofocus with face recognition.

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro

View attachment 810181
Don't sell yourself below value, Betty.
This portrait looks great with your natural smile. I have great pains to get myself look so natural. The eyes and your expression are perfect, the closeness of the composition, too. I don't think there really is anything to change, except maybe a more "quiet" or monochrome background (but again, that's my taste, the one you chose just adds to your personality). And maybe the camera levelled a little more to the face (but in smartphone-selfie-times the look from upside down has become the most "normal", though I still can't get used to it).

Just relax even a bit more in your next ones, no need of asking someone else to do the job for you. :2thumbs:

Last edited:

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva

View attachment 810181
I don't know why but it's very hard to get my phone to engage with the Oi Share App.
Sometimes I need to keep trying to connect more than a dozen times.

Anyway, when I get the camera to be recognized by the OI Share I set the timer to 4 seconds delay so I have enough time to put the phone down and pose to the camera.
I also use a tripod.

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Easter breakfast selfie

Lumix LX 100.2

Attachments

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I reckon that egg was perfectly cooked until you saw your reflection in the spoon, decided to get your camera and set the shot up.
By that time your egg had dried up somewhat and made it more difficult to dip your soldiers in. ;)
Good shot though. :thumbup:

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sergei

mpresley

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Michael
My "Walter" look 🙂

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom