Your first digital camera.

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
Casio QV-300, don't have it anymore.
But I still keep the next one - Minolta Dimage X: smallest (at that time) camera with optical zoom (3x, internal), 2 Mpix. Fully operational ? , although acu needs replacement.

06202042lc.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

06202043lc.jpg

Seahawk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Mine was a Minolta Dimage A1, a pretty good camera in its day. Battery life was poor but it took some good shots. I eventually PX'd it for a Nikon D70 and that was the start of a long run with Nikon kit before I eventually moved to MFT in 2018 as I was finding Nikon too heavy.

mpresley

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Michael
The Kodak DC-210, with nearly a million "real" pixels on the CCD . Still got it! Circa 1998

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DC210/DC210Acgi.HTM

coaltrain

Mu-43 Regular
I’ll never forget my first digital camera. It was also my first time bidding on something on eBay. I conversed with the seller a few times and ended up paying a little over $600 for it way back then. My wife still uses it for some eBay pics.

41A4C186-6C33-44AC-9FB1-631E288BB605.jpeg

jmoore5196

Mu-43 Regular
Mine was a Fuji DS-7, one of the first of the first. Circa 1996, if memory serves. Barely 1/3 of a megapixel.

Thanks to Scott Rogers for the photo.

3435760791_17b34ebf54.jpg

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
The friend who found me my first (second hand) digital camera knew I wouldn't be interested in anything pedestrian! I still have that Coolpix 4500, along with the wide angle, tele and fisheye adapters, and probably won't part with them. The backdrop is one of my photos taken using it - I was crazy about its macro capabilities. View attachment 718086
You would probably cry all day for what you could get for it, compared to what you paid!
Better to keep it! And the picture is great!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
The very first was a HP PhotoSmart 315 that came FREE with a HP printer.
The name was misleading - it was not photo-smart.

The first digital camera I purchased was a Minolta DiMAGE s304.
3MP
4X zoom (35-140)
Five AF points
1.4 fps (4 images)
1.8" screen
Ran on 4 AA batteries
This was a BIG upgrade at the time. We really do forget how good we have it with all of our our options today.

A walk down memory lane with the s304 (I must have liked the camera, I look fairly happy:drinks:):

View attachment 836922
Might also be because you've got a GIANT beer and ditto pretzel?

EDIT: @Bytesmiths beat me to it.
Reading posts in order.

scb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
Sony Cybershot DSC S70 - This was the camera that got me started in photography as a hobby. Simple little 3 megapixel camera with 3X zoom lens. Not too long after that, I moved up to a Panasonic FZ20 with 10X zoom lens. I learned a lot with the Panasonic, and then moved up to the Olympus E520, which led to a series of micro 4/3 cameras. Wow....it's been an adventure!

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Sony Cybershot DSC S70 - This was the camera that got me started in photography as a hobby. Simple little 3 megapixel camera with 3X zoom lens. Not too long after that, I moved up to a Panasonic FZ20 with 10X zoom lens. I learned a lot with the Panasonic, and then moved up to the Olympus E520, which led to a series of micro 4/3 cameras. Wow....it's been an adventure!
You were slightly ahead of me as my first camera was a S85 and I was still slightly behind you as I traded mine in for a FZ30 (which I still use occasionally). :thumbup:

Dsc-S85.jpg

panasonic_FZ30.jpg

I should point out that these are not to scale.
The S85 was much smaller then the FZ30, which is a typical bridge camera size.

Last edited:

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
Olympus C-5060WZ was not just my first digital camera, it was my first camera ever. Even people like me who have no photographic knowledge or skill are able to pick up a camera and do something with it, thanks to digital. To be able to see 100% of the picture on LCD, live preview of the exposure settings, live histogram, see the results instantly, no more need for darkroom, and so on. You don't have be a real photographer to properly use a camera anymore, digital just opens new doors for people like me.

hernan

Mu-43 Veteran
La mia prima fotocamera digitale (2005)
canon_powershot_a520.jpg
Immagine 066.jpg

Last edited:

ata3001

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ron
My first digital camera was a Nikon D200, followed by the Nikon D700, Nikon D660 with a few compact digital cameras sprinkled within this list, ie.... Nikon P7000, P7100, Nikon Coolpix A, Sony RX100iii & finally Olympus Pen F

WRay

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ray
My first was an Olympus C-3000 ...
Pilgrim1 2.jpg

scb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
Went into the archives and edited a pic taken with the Sony Cybershot DSC S70. This is a statue at Bowling Green University and was taken when my older son was a student at Bowling Green. I edited it using PS Elements 2019. Considering it was a 3 megapixel camera, I think it's a fairly good image in terms of the technology that was available. In looking through my archives, it seem I didn't keep the camera that long and moved up to the Panasonic FZ20.

DSC00013.jpgEdit2020.jpg

Here's an image captured by the FZ20, which was IMHO one of the best bridge cameras available at the time. I learned so much using that camera! I had a lot of fun with the 12X zoom and the constant 2.8 aperture. With that camera, I really started to learn a little about photography. By today's standards, the ergonomics were pretty primitive and the viewfinder was so small. But, it was quite capable of taking some very nice images.

402405280_barcelona lighthouse 1.jpg

exakta

Mu-43 All-Pro
My first was this rather awful Olympus. I was incredibly dissapointed in the low image quality.

41WR1JQR5BL._AC_.jpg

Fuzzdog

Mu-43 Regular
Mine was a Vivitar of some description, bought it sometime back in the late 90's and this was the full glorious 640x480 resolution of the images it produced! Thought it was absolutely amazing at the time, with the concept of images appearing on a computer without needing to process film being nothing short of witchcraft.
IMG_0025.JPG

Latest threads

Top Bottom