1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Your E-PL1 SCP settings?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RickVaughn, Oct 13, 2012.

1. RickVaughn

RickVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Care to share your go-to SCP settings on the E-PL1?

2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    The go-to settings are whatever you left the settings on when you last turned the camera off.
    I only go into it to turn the stabilisation on and off, and sometimes set the ISO.
    I don't think I ever change any of the other settings it shows (to be honest I never learned what they all do!). I set some of the things it shows through the menu system or the buttons.

3. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    What specifically do you mean by "go to settings"?

4. RickVaughn

RickVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Your most used or preferred settings

As far as sharpness, contrast, wb, etc. I'm sure most have choices they use regularly while still allowing for quick tweaks and adjustments when called for.

5. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Sharpness is only relevant to Jpegs and I only use RAW.
    Contrast and wb are two of the things I have never changed.
    If I was using Jpegs I'd probably have it set to Vivid, which possibly I might go into the SCP to change to natural sometimes.
    The SCP is just a way of accessing certain settings.

6. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    This is what I use for outdoor landscape jpeg shooting on sunny days:

ISO: 100
    Sunshine WB (5300K)
    Amber -2 WB Compensation
    Vivid picture mode with +1 sharpness and Normal Gradation

Even with the -2 WB compensation the colors are often a bit too warm so I have to cool them off using the Preview photo editing program that came with my Mac computer.

My OM-D gets the jpeg colors right, BUT the sharpness of the jpegs is not as crisp and detailed as the E-PL1 so I use the E-PL1 for most landscape shooting and use the OM-D almost exclusively for video shooting. I do not have a late model computer with alot of memory so shooting RAW and post processing is not an option.

7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I don't the specific camera, but I'm always changing the settings depending on the scene and the type of image I want.