Your Camera Shop

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TNcasual, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
  2. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    The Bassman
    In Westwood, Bergen County Camera carries m43 (and other stuff, too).

3. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Its 2 hours away, but I'd say my goto is Kenmore Camera just north of Seattle. When the hotshoe of my GX7 died the night before a shoot, I drove down and they were super helpful. Before they even talked about a new camera, they tried cleaning the contact plates, checking with other triggers/flashes, even still gave me a decent value on a trade in (got the GX8) when we still couldn't get the hotshoe to fire. Because I hate having to drive through Seattle to Glazers Camera when the traffic is bad >_> Their new store is pretty nice though.

But after living overseas for 8 years with a high likely hood of doing so again in a year, I've become very comfortable ordering online... Mainly Adorama these days.

4. Apollo T.

Apollo T. Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2016
    Bassman,
    Looks good they even have something i may be interested in.
    Thanks

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. Apollo T.

Apollo T. Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2016
    Speedliner,
    Rude of me to not reply before --sorry.
    Photo Center doesn't carry Panny
    Thanks for your suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  6. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    Cambrian Photography in Colwyn Bay, Wales (UK)
    Their website doesn't do them justice.

They carry a vast range of new stock, as well as an even larger range of second hand stock. ALL members of staff are photographers of varying skill levels and interests.
    They host two large expos a year, and also host training events a couple of times a month. On the weekends they aren't hosting training events, they organise "Photo Walks", or trips to various places of interest to landscape photographers etc.

I live 2hrs drive away, and I would much rather drive across to them, than the fifteen minute drive into town to visit the three so called camera shops we have here.

7. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    I am lucky enough to have two stores within a half hour radius, and I've seen m 4/3 at both. Unfortunately, I rarely take time to go visit either and I should do it more often. I am close to Burke on an almost weekly basis, but after business hours.

Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA:
    Ace Photo Camera Store

District Camera and Imaging (used to be Photocraft) in Burke, VA. They also have a location in DC:
    https://www.districtcamera.com