Your best shot of 2018

Magua

Mu-43 Regular
Joggers
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Veteran
Hard to pick one, maybe this shot that's in a 2019 birds calender. Although it was taken when I was in a retro mood so it's a 10 year old Olympus E-3 and my decades old OM Zuiko 350mm.

JDS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David Schultz
My favorite photo of the year isn’t that great of a shot, but it was incredibly memorable for me. I was at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca (a huge Porsche event that happens every three or four years in different locations) with my dad and daughter. We were standing in this huge tent filled with the greatest racing cars in Porsche’s history, and I was telling my daughter about the car we were looking at (a 936 from the mid 1970’s). Porsche grabbed this car from their museum where it had been on display after having been retired, handed it to Jacky Ickx (who was my hero as a kid), and he promptly won Le Mans with it (one of his five victories there). Just as I finished telling her this story, the very same Jacky Ickx comes over, climbs in the car and starts posing for an official photographer. That guy’s shot is probably much better than mine, but I bet it doesn’t mean as much to him...

Last edited:

Gromit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard

JDS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David Schultz
I'm going to cheat and add what I think is my best shot from the Rennsport Reunion, helped massively by the fact that it's a Gulf Porsche 917k:

Bristolero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Here is what is at this moment my favorite ....
Blue Hour Campsite - In North western Ontario in a remote Provincial Park called Wabikimi. We took a 25 hour train ride to get there and then canoed for 2 weeks through this wonderful wild land, we saw moose, caribou, eagles, and more. But my favorite scene was this sunset with the interior of my tent lit up by a torch.
https://www.jean-cathy.com/JeansPhotos/Canoeing-2018/Wabakimi-2018/i-Tz7v4VJ/A]View attachment 707066[/url]

Happy New Year everybody!
That photo has a nice feel to it. Nice job!

Bristolero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Kanchenjunga, 3rd highest mountain in the world. Taken from Goechala Pass (16000ft) after 7 days of trekking. Was a difficult shot due to lots of haze/mist. View attachment 706672
Ramesh,
Your photos are always so interesting. And I really loved your comment--after hiking 7 days and taken at 16,000'--that the shot was difficult due to haze and mist! I too have taken a few shots at over 16,000'. The wing always got in the way...

mpeg

4/3 Activist...
Real Name
Gordo
This is my favourite shot as I had just acquired the sigma 16mm lens ..and on the way home, stopped and shot this at an evening foody gathering :)

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
Sunrise over the Smokies near Townsend, TN

Last edited:

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
First time out with the 45mm f/1.2 Pro lens.

Definitely not my best shot technically, but it means a lot to me for a lot of reasons. My poor wife kept flushing them accidentally and felt bad; it was funny. But I did get a shot off! It was a great day in a great location. At ISO 5000, it inspired me to rethink shooting in the thick spruce patches.

This is my favorite shot of the year, mostly for the memory of the adventure. We rappelled, climbed and swam our way through a cold dark slot canyon in Zion national park. This particular shot was challenging for a number of reasons. Getting there was tough, and even access to this "room" in the canyon required a ~100ft rappel with a swimming disconnect. I swam over to the edge of the room where the ground was a little higher and pulled out my GX-8 and P7-14 from a camera drybag. Perched next to a decomposing squirrel, I managed to find a high enough rock in the pothole to sit my monopod on and watch my companions come down after me. This shot of one of them just after popping out of the deep water is my favorite. High ISO, gritty, B&W, but I love it. Enough so that I printed it 10x20.

Gateway to Another World

Real Name
Ken
Right place, right light,agreeable poser

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom