your best lens for mu43

snkenai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What is your best lens for clean sharp image. Any brand, any type. And what lense are you comparing it to. Please list only one best.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Same here. Panasonic 20mm. It's on the GF1 so often, that I bought a G1 to house the kit lens....

I love the pancake.

FOsteology

Mu-43 Rookie
Another vote for the 20mm f/1.7

Arguably THE best native lens currently available for the mft. Although, I hear the PL45 f/2.8 is a strong contender...

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
I am gonna go with the PL 45/2.8. Many put it into the macro/speciality lens category, but to me the focal length, lens speed, size and bokeh make for a perfect walk around prime.

R

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am gonna go with the PL 45/2.8. Many put it into the macro/speciality lens category, but to me the focal length, lens speed, size and bokeh make for a perfect walk around prime.
This. My 28mm Voigtlander on my M8 is slightly wider than the 20mm, but they are very close lenses, so I often walk around with the 45mm on the GF1 so as to have different lenses on different cameras. I do still use the 20mm, but generally only when I have one body with me.

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
I actually prefer the Panny 14-45mm over the 20mm for normal use: its sharpness is more even across the frame and it has a useful range. It's my most used lens.

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
20mm f/1.7 is the one "must have" :43: lens, in my opinion. Image quality is great, price is reasonable, and it's fast enough for good low light performance. That said, the 14mm has really got me thinking about the potential of the :43: system, especially now that other large-sensor mirrorless systems (e.g., Nikon) are coming out. The thing makes the camera/lens (in my case, a GF1) so compact, but performances is still very good. If they find a way to build in a decent viewfinder in the traditional rangefinder location, they'd have a modern CL/CLE type system (obviously not a rangefinder, though they could, or could go hybrid like the X100.)

peripatew

Mu-43 Regular
20mm for native, and Canon 50mm/1.4 for adapter (for now until I get more!)

I'd still like to try the 45mm and the 7-14mm.

L!

retnull

Mu-43 Regular
The Panasonic 20 is the sharpest and easiest to use, it is an excellent lens. However, I wind up using an Angenieux C-mount 25mm/f0.95 more often, just because it has a certain weird filmic quality to it.

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
20mm f/1.7 is the one "must have" :43: lens, in my opinion. Image quality is great, price is reasonable, and it's fast enough for good low light performance. That said, the 14mm has really got me thinking about the potential of the :43: system, especially now that other large-sensor mirrorless systems (e.g., Nikon) are coming out. The thing makes the camera/lens (in my case, a GF1) so compact, but performances is still very good.
I would have to agree on the 20mm f1.7 and the 14mm which I just spent a day using and found to be terrific - very sharp with great color and no distortion that I could see shooting inside an art center in natural light. But I also love the 14-45 and bought a G1 to put it on, as did someone else. These are all really nice lenses.

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
I agree with 20mm f1.7 also. I just used this lens indoors this entire weekend. It cannot be beat with any other other lens. I wish they had zoom that were of similar aperture. I have not done too much testing in bright light with my 40-150mm zoom yet but I might save that for outside.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom