Your Battery

Anyone get a new camera and get a battery just seems too old to be with the camera? Like my E-M1mkIII came with a BLH-1 battery dated 2019-02-19...

Now I figure they have a stock pile of batteries, but not to that extent. Battery was made more than a year before the camera was available. Still new (I'd assume) and I expect it to last for long long time, just seems "odd" to me and wondered if other new bodies had year old made batteries...

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
Same battery as the E-M1.2, so having stock for years seems not unreasonable. My M1.3 kit battery is dated 11-29-2018, my M1.2 is dated 10-22-2016.

Settings/J2/Battery will tell you about the wear on the battery.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Anyone get a new camera and get a battery just seems too old to be with the camera? Like my E-M1mkIII came with a BLH-1 battery dated 2019-02-19...

Now I figure they have a stock pile of batteries, but not to that extent. Battery was made more than a year before the camera was available. Still new (I'd assume) and I expect it to last for long long time, just seems "odd" to me and wondered if other new bodies had year old made batteries...
I got my NEW mk2 in May 2019, battery is dated April 2018, 1 year earlier.

Two different supply chains, the battery and the camera.
The battery probably has to be made in BIG batches, so maybe only one or two times a year. Because the battery production line has to be changed for each battery.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
This has been going on for a long time. With my Nov 2013 purchase of a new EM1, the BLN-1 battery was labeled 7-2012- 16 months old, a few months later I bought a 2nd battery and it was about 1 year old. Early in March 2015 I bought a EM5 MK II and an extra battery, they were both from 10 & 11-2013. But all the batteries still work though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom