You never know what will come in handy

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by CharlieL, Oct 4, 2014.

1. CharlieL

CharlieL Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 2, 2014
    Burkburnett Tx USA
    You never know what will come in handy when out with the camera. I was out hiking yesterday. I put on my Minolta 55mm using an adapter. I noticed I could not achieve infinity focus. Upon closer inspection I noticed the lens was drooping out of the adapter, two of the screws that hold on the inner locking ring were missing the third was about to fall out.

Luckily I had some super glue in my first aid kit, I ran a small bead of glue around the perimeter of the inner ring waited a while for it to dry then was back in business. I would not glue together an expensive lens ( well maybe ) but I had no qualms about gluing my noname ebay adapter.

I have never experienced loose screws on my lens or adapters before. I guess I will give them a once over. I am glad I had the super glue with me.

2. lowlight

lowlight Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Superglue, gaffers tape, some string and a couple of those key chain thingys have a special place in my bag!

The feeling of having something like that for emergency repairs when you need it are priceless ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    The problem with superglue is it gases off and if there's any oil on the lens nearby it will set on it and fog the lens, check the rear element for a white haze... superglue is nasty stuff like that.

Other than that I approve of make do repairs, I have a lens fixed to an adapter ring using hot glue because the locking pin failed around here somewhere...
    • Like Like x 1