You like FlashQ? Find it useful?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by flashKK, Apr 3, 2014.

1. flashKK

flashKK New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2014
    We are a group of photography enthusiasts & engineers in Hong Kong. We design FlashQ in our spare time, try to make wireless flash photography easy & stylish on mirrorless camera. Check this out.

After launching of our crowdfunding campaign, we find FlashQ is struggling in building audiences. We have no money to hire PR firm, because money already went into R&D and prototype build. We would ask for tips of spreading our word to photography lovers. Or just share / like / tweet. Appreciated for your help. :smile:

And welcome your comments on FlashQ, this greatly helps for FlashQ refinement. :smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Very cute!

Question: What settings are adjustable? How does the channel selection work?
  3. flashKK

flashKK New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2014
    darosk, thanks for your comment here.

Our philosophy is to make it simple. plug a pair of FlashQ to camera & flash, then shoot photo with creative lighting. No other setting.

No channel selection, system smartly handle and pick a clear channel itself. And the channel is encrupted. Just like Bluetooth headset, user never care with channel selection. Again make it simple. :smile:
  4. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    rob collins
    Yes. Very cute.

First up. Make a website for your product. Really there is no excuse for not having one in this day and age.

Ultimately I have to say I am not totally convinced that having the inconvenience of using the CR2032 coin batteries to operate these transmitter and receivers really makes up for the convenience of the design.

But overall when I look at the product I rather wish that a company like Olympus would put a transmitter into a body like the EM1 and a receiver into a flash like the FL600r,
  5. nixapatfan

nixapatfan Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2014
    If you want marketing for this product give forum members a great introductory price for the first batch and if the product is good it will sell itself after that.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Interesting...what's the range on them? I have cactus v5's, but they are a bit large on the EM1, however the range is awesome.
  7. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Todays great big flash triggers are designed for great big DSLRs. They are out of proportion to compact mirrorless cameras and smaller. Big fat cameras have made other trigger manufacturers lazy. Some even have a CR2032 battery and are still big.
    Just look at the huge bags mirror-hugging, DSLR owners are forced to carry. My tiny OIympus Street case M can hold an OM-D and 3 lenses. Big flash triggers and remote controls would take up too much room and be left behind.

Good luck with the campain.
  8. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Very cool. I do agree with Rob that the coin battery can be an inconvenience to replace in a hurry, but having said that it's great that such a product now exists, even though it's not available on the market yet.

You guys will have to do some serious self-promotion to get it off the ground.
  9. arprok13

arprok13 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    Well I funded you. Perfect for vacationing/travel! But apparently you are having issues with PayPal?? How confident are you in being able to manufacture the devices without access to your funding?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  10. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    I try to stay away from coin type batteries. I know this is necessary for this product to be smaller than the competition. But it's hard for me to buy yet another battery type, and one that is uncommon at that. Any thoughts of integrating a rechargeable Li-ion cell?