You like FlashQ? Find it useful?

flashKK

New to Mu-43
We are a group of photography enthusiasts & engineers in Hong Kong. We design FlashQ in our spare time, try to make wireless flash photography easy & stylish on mirrorless camera. Check this out. http://youtu.be/lgMQrZQFiEE
http://www.thephoblographer.com/2014/04/01/flashq-stylish-wireless-radio-flash-trigger/#.Uz4lbKiSySo

After launching of our crowdfunding campaign, we find FlashQ is struggling in building audiences. We have no money to hire PR firm, because money already went into R&D and prototype build. We would ask for tips of spreading our word to photography lovers. Or just share / like / tweet. Appreciated for your help. :smile:

And welcome your comments on FlashQ, this greatly helps for FlashQ refinement. :smile:

flashKK

New to Mu-43
Very cute!

Question: What settings are adjustable? How does the channel selection work?
darosk, thanks for your comment here.

Our philosophy is to make it simple. plug a pair of FlashQ to camera & flash, then shoot photo with creative lighting. No other setting.

No channel selection, system smartly handle and pick a clear channel itself. And the channel is encrupted. Just like Bluetooth headset, user never care with channel selection. Again make it simple. :smile:

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
Yes. Very cute.

First up. Make a website for your product. Really there is no excuse for not having one in this day and age.

Ultimately I have to say I am not totally convinced that having the inconvenience of using the CR2032 coin batteries to operate these transmitter and receivers really makes up for the convenience of the design.

But overall when I look at the product I rather wish that a company like Olympus would put a transmitter into a body like the EM1 and a receiver into a flash like the FL600r,

nixapatfan

Mu-43 Regular
If you want marketing for this product give forum members a great introductory price for the first batch and if the product is good it will sell itself after that.

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
Todays great big flash triggers are designed for great big DSLRs. They are out of proportion to compact mirrorless cameras and smaller. Big fat cameras have made other trigger manufacturers lazy. Some even have a CR2032 battery and are still big.
Just look at the huge bags mirror-hugging, DSLR owners are forced to carry. My tiny OIympus Street case M can hold an OM-D and 3 lenses. Big flash triggers and remote controls would take up too much room and be left behind.

Good luck with the campain.

darosk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Daros
darosk, thanks for your comment here.

Our philosophy is to make it simple. plug a pair of FlashQ to camera & flash, then shoot photo with creative lighting. No other setting.

No channel selection, system smartly handle and pick a clear channel itself. And the channel is encrupted. Just like Bluetooth headset, user never care with channel selection. Again make it simple. :smile:
Very cool. I do agree with Rob that the coin battery can be an inconvenience to replace in a hurry, but having said that it's great that such a product now exists, even though it's not available on the market yet.

You guys will have to do some serious self-promotion to get it off the ground.

arprok13

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Arpan
Well I funded you. Perfect for vacationing/travel! But apparently you are having issues with PayPal?? How confident are you in being able to manufacture the devices without access to your funding?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dav1dz

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I try to stay away from coin type batteries. I know this is necessary for this product to be smaller than the competition. But it's hard for me to buy yet another battery type, and one that is uncommon at that. Any thoughts of integrating a rechargeable Li-ion cell?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom