You know you are getting old when ...

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
The equipment I bought when it was new is now described as "vintage". :eek:

This has been the worst part about getting back into photography after a 25 year hiatus.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
The equipment I bought when it was new is now described as "vintage". :eek:

This has been the worst part about getting back into photography after a 25 year hiatus.

No, that's the best aspect of :43:, being able to use old (vintage) equipment, I knew I was old before taking up the :43: format :biggrin:, and it's technology I hopefully understand and feel comfortable with :smile:

Barrie

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus

Attachments

inmyeye

Mu-43 Regular
you know you're getting old when the young woman at the drive-thru window insists on giving you the senior discount :)

texascbx

Mu-43 Veteran
You know you are getting old when people hold the door for you at stores and call you sir. I'm 54.

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wow!! BB you have introduced me to some more knowledge!! I have bookmarked this for future reading....for those further back in the thread...age has no barriers to continuing to learn .... I am 84 .... I love the 'puter...greatest addition to my library and all the resources that it brings to the front. I love my iMac and my Pen...and of course I love this site as I have said before...it is second to none!:drinks:

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I have a copy somewhere of the Whole Earth Catalog.

Plus many of the Foxfire books - Foxfire (magazine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Handy for those of you who need to know how to dress a hog ...

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
I'm 51 and rarely feel old, but the first time I remember feeling old was when I was 22 - I was very interested in a 19 year old girl and after chatting her up for a while realized she had never heard of Jimi Hendrix. This was in 1981 - how could anyone in that day and age never have heard of Jimi Hendrix? I mean, REALLY? Its only gotten worse since...

But photography never makes me feel old.

-Ray

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Barrie, you are hereby excused for not knowing about "Google in paperback".:thumbup:

Narnian, why am I not surprised to see that Firefox book?:biggrin:

Since we're stating ages, I'm a mere 56.:drinks:

Bill, I think you may win the elder statesman of mu-43 award!:friends:

Everyone's making this oldies thread a good one - from being "sir'd" to Jim Hendrix!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom