Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
It's the Firefall season in Yosemite again. Peak time is in couple of week, but this year the parc require reservation starting Feb 8 to get in the parc and tickets are limited. We thought with Super Bowl Sunday that we would try our luck to get there the last day without reservation. To our surprise there is barely anyone there and the spot we like to shoot from, which was closed for the past few years during the firefall was open. We were only 6 people shooting there.

Lucky to get what we are coming to this fabulous parc for.

[1]

50924913327_d381659d7c_b.jpg
Valley View
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[2]

50924914122_666cc7fa66_b.jpg
3 Brothers
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[3]

50924913242_9e96ff3407_b.jpg
Firefall
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[4]

50924913652_dfdc558765_b.jpg
Firefall
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[5]

50924785136_26bef7e34f_b.jpg
Firefall
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[6]

50924913847_4c4d8be1b7_b.jpg
Firefall
by Nam Ing, on Flickr

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Every February I forget this phenomena happens. And then every February I lament the east entrance to the park is closed for the winter and the drive to the west entrance is so much further for me. Oh well. I’ll just enjoy your pictures instead!

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
It's the Firefall season in Yosemite again. Peak time is in couple of week, but this year the parc require reservation starting Feb 8 to get in the parc and tickets are limited. We thought with Super Bowl Sunday that we would try our luck to get there the last day without reservation. To our surprise there is barely anyone there and the spot we like to shoot from, which was closed for the past few years during the firefall was open. We were only 6 people shooting there.

[1]

View attachment 872910
Valley View by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[2]

View attachment 872911
3 Brothers by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[3]

View attachment 872912
Firefall by Nam Ing, on Flickr

[4]

View attachment 872913

[5]

View attachment 872914

[6]

View attachment 872915
I had to g**gle the phenomena.....and what phenomenal photos.

Or should that be pheNAMenal. ;)

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
I'm always excited to open a new thread of yours Nam. Stunning images as usual. I don't make the time to travel and setup patiently for pictures like yours, but do see some wonderful landscapes around Sonoma county recently. Visiting parents in Santa Rosa, so a quick trip to Bodega Bay, redwoods around Occidental and planned trip to Mt. Tamalpias soon.

Also, did you change up from the Olympus 7-14 f2.8 to the Panasonic Leica 8-18 recently? Was that for use of filters?

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
Thank you Brian and John.

Brian, that's funny.

Indeed John, I just pick up the Pan Leica 8-18. Great little lens. The guy who sold sold never use it and he let me try about 30 minutes and I put my H&Y MRC-CPL on and it works great so I bought it.

#1 and #2 was used with cpl to either take out the reflections as on the #1 and you can see through the water all the rocks and #2 to accentuate the reflection of the 3 brothers in the ice covered with water.

I am about 15 minutes away from Santa Rosa.

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin

[1]

View attachment 872910

[2]

View attachment 872911

[3]

View attachment 872912

[4]

View attachment 872913

[5]

View attachment 872914

[6]

View attachment 872915
Just stunning and much appreciated that you share your works. When I read the title, I had no idea what to expect, but I know some fantastic stuffs await. And you never disappoint.

Cheers

Last edited:

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
This is how busy it was :D but usually you just set your tripod and don't move after otherwise people would move in.
IMG_9614.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Wow!!
Beautiful images!
They are a joy to the eye.
Fantastic work, as usual.

Shortsonfire79

Mu-43 Regular
I can't wait to be there this (and the next and the one after that) weekend! I'm really glad they're limiting people in. Back in 2019 it was absolutely packed at the base of Horsetail.

Dug up a couple of images. Guess it's hard to see the peeps.

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter

[1]

View attachment 872910

[2]

View attachment 872911

[3]

View attachment 872912

[4]

View attachment 872913

[5]

View attachment 872914

[6]

View attachment 872915
OMG, those are just beautiful. Thank you again, Nam, for your spectacular images. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. You are the master.:jedi:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom