1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

YongNuo YN-E3-RT / OM-D EM-1 works!

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by MikeWhitten, Jul 8, 2014.

1. MikeWhitten

MikeWhitten Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    Y'all,

At a camera club meeting last night I had a chance to try the YongNuo YN-E3-RT on my EM-1. It triggered just fine, controlling a Canon 600EX-RT in manual mode. A quick sync speed test showed good coverage at 1/250'th; black bar at 1/320'th.

So when the YongNuo clones of the 600ex-rt ship it'll be another alternative for off-camera manual flash control. Bonus in the meantime if you have access to Canon flashes.

Mike

2. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, the YN-E3-RT is a good solution if you already have 600EX-RTs.
    The YN-622C-TX or YN-622N-TX are good if you already have Canon/Nikon TTL-capable flash gear.
    But for a newb or m4/3-only shooter, possibly the YN-560-TX and YN-560iii flashes are a better solution, cost-wise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MikeWhitten

MikeWhitten Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    Thanks for adding that. I haven't kept up lately with releases. That third option you highlighted is cool. Any idea of max sync speed available?

4. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    No idea, but given that it's a post-RF-603 II TX unit, I'd say the odds for 1/320s are probably good.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.