1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yongnuo RF-603c to work on Olympus/Panasonic camera's

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by icy_se7en, Aug 17, 2011.

1. icy_se7en

icy_se7en Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    I recently bought a Yongnuo RF-603c which is for Canon and when I connected it to my G1 I noticed when it was pushed in all the way on the hotshoe I only get one green light on the transeiver, I moved the transeiver slightly backwards and the other green light came on but my camera was showing no flash was connected.
    After about 30mins - 1hour an idea came to mind that what would happen if I used my Pixel brand Olympus/Panasonic TTL cord circuit board etc as a connection for the RF-603, so I messed around with the wires to see what did what and I finally got it working, heres some pics below.

I removed this strobe light connection from the RF-603c as I know I will never use it:
    [​IMG]

Used the bottom half with the pins and soldered the wires to the correct soldering points following where the original wires went and removed the circuit board where the pins goto inside the RF-603c as they wont be used:
    1279705393352_hz-myalibaba-web8_16.

[​IMG]

Used the top half from the 1st pic above to mount the RF-603c onto the TTL mount and removed the wires from the top half as they wont be used:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics of it working! :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1550

1550 New to Mu-43

Feb 15, 2012
    Hi

Can you tell little more briefly how those connections goes? Or even better if you can made drawing where you can show the contacts at hotshoe.

3. 33%_Gray

33%_Gray New to Mu-43

Dec 23, 2011
    Oakland
    More info would be great.

4. icy_se7en

icy_se7en Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    There is no connections between the Olympus TTL hotshoe and the trigger, the pins dont do anything between the two the only pins that work are the ones in this pic:
    [​IMG]

5. maxi75uio

maxi75uio New to Mu-43

May 12, 2012