Yongnuo RF-603c II wireless trigger

numberpro

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello,

I'm new to wireless trigger flashes, and need some help. I got the yongnuo rf-603c II wireless trigger for the YN560-III manual flashes but it looks like it does not fit the hot shoe for my gh3 or gx7. I ordered the trigger since the amazon review said it worked on m43 cameras, but guess not? So what do I use to trigger the flashes? Please help. I really want to learn wireless off camera flash but this is bumming me out. Thanks!

shaggy

Mu-43 Rookie
You can modify your RF-603: http://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.sk/2013/01/yongnuo-rf-603-olympus-om-d.html
Or you can buy cheaper RF-602 that works fine.
Problem with RF-603 is that it has two same receivers/transmitters and when you use it on m4/3 cameras transmitter does not recognize the body it is attached to and works like receiver. RF-602 has separate receiver (or multiple receivers) and transmitter.

numberpro

Mu-43 Rookie
You can modify your RF-603: http://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.sk/2013/01/yongnuo-rf-603-olympus-om-d.html
Or you can buy cheaper RF-602 that works fine.
Problem with RF-603 is that it has two same receivers/transmitters and when you use it on m4/3 cameras transmitter does not recognize the body it is attached to and works like receiver. RF-602 has separate receiver (or multiple receivers) and transmitter.

Thanks for the info! I did some digging and someone said that they tried this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EDPYHI...=UTF8&colid=9JJ31TB2FVPK&coliid=IPC3JYM6DPHG9

RainbowImaging 100 Meter 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ20, FZ20K, FZ25, FZ30, FZ50, LC1, L10, L1, G1, GH1, GF1, GH2, G2 & Leica Digilux 1, DIGILUX 2, DIGILUX 3, Replaces panasonic DMW-RS1

Would this also be an option? Thanks!

numberpro

Mu-43 Rookie
Ok, so maybe using the rf-602 is the best option. Is there a good source for these? I check amazon and ebay and it looks like most are sold from China with long shipping times, and I need a trigger soon. Thanks for any tips!

numberpro

Mu-43 Rookie
Sorry, another question :). For the rf-602 trigger, does it matter Canon or Nikon? I am just concerned about the trigger fitting the hot shoe. Thanks!

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
The RF-603 II C1 triggers do work with m43 bodies. I've used mine with both Panasonic and Olympus bodies.

However, there seems to be some QC issues with the triggers as the hot shoe mount don't seem to always fit the bodies. The first set that I received, only one of the triggers would fit the hot shoe. I ordered a replacement set, and again, only one trigger would fit. So I kept the two that worked and returned the ones that didn't fit.

I would suggest ordering another pair and hope to get a set that fits. I really love mine, and if you get the appropriate cables, you can use the second trigger for as a remote flash and shutter release -- very cool. :)

tlovegrove

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
I have this exact setup with a GX7, and it's a bit tight to get the transceiver in to the hot shoe, but it fits and works fine. It does require a pretty good shove to get it to slide in, just because of the spring-loaded pins on the trigger. Are you positive that it doesn't fit? Can you post a picture for us?

inkista

Mu-43 Top Veteran

You don't need to do this with the RF-603IIs--that's the whole point. The RF-603IIs have an OFF/Tx/TxRx switch on them, so you can explicitly put the on-camera unit into transmitter mode without shorting pin signals at all. The pair I ordered fit and worked fine on my G3.

If you go with the 602s, you might want to get the Nikon ones to avoid signal crosstalk on the TTL pins--the Canon version would have the pins in the same places as the mft contacts. However, realize that you're giving up transceivers for separate Rx/Tx units, locking rings on the feet, standard batteries (the transmitter uses a CR2), an on-off switch placed where you can freaking reach it when the flash is mounted on the receiver, higher possible sync speeds, and higher sync voltage limit (300V vs. 12V). There really are reasons to go with the 603IIs instead.

Darren Bonner

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have a pair of RF-603IIs radio triggers and the work fine on my Panasonic G5 and Olympus E-PL5. however they are a very tight fit on the panasonic hot shoe than they are on the Olympus hotshoe. I do think that Panasonic hot shoes are a tighter fit than Olympus as I bought the Olympus optical view finder, whilst it fits on the Olympus hotshoe without any issues, I could not mount it on a Panasonic GF1.
you might have to give the radio triggers a bit of a push to get them on at first, they do wear in eventually. It reminded when I first got the Olympus 45mm lens lens and that was a very tight fit on the GF1 too at first.

numberpro

Mu-43 Rookie
I have a pair of RF-603IIs radio triggers and the work fine on my Panasonic G5 and Olympus E-PL5. however they are a very tight fit on the panasonic hot shoe than they are on the Olympus hotshoe. I do think that Panasonic hot shoes are a tighter fit than Olympus as I bought the Olympus optical view finder, whilst it fits on the Olympus hotshoe without any issues, I could not mount it on a Panasonic GF1.
you might have to give the radio triggers a bit of a push to get them on at first, they do wear in eventually. It reminded when I first got the Olympus 45mm lens lens and that was a very tight fit on the GF1 too at first.

Thank you everyone for your input! Yes, , that was it .... I really needed to heave and push and finally got the trigger on my gx7. Wow .. that is a tight fit! In fact, the funny thing is that now I can't get it off! LOL!
First, I couldn't get it on the hotshoe and now it refuses to come off. It's ok, I will figure out something .. but darn, what a hassle! Still, the flashes worked just fine, and the light looks very pleasing. Now I am starting to understand
about the benefits of off camera flash. Still got the lot to learn, but thanks again for all the help!

Richella

The Wandering Scotsman
I've just ordered my YN560 III and RF603 II (the C1 canon fit) and am hoping this works on my E-M1. Mad an error with my first ebay order and ordered the RF603 (Nikon fit). Then read that you had to modify the trigger by soldering to get it to work on my Olympus so I decided it was just easier to order the RF603II. If it works I'll add another couple of flashes for better off camera flash. These look like a great deal.

Darren Bonner

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've just ordered my YN560 III and RF603 II (the C1 canon fit) and am hoping this works on my E-M1. Mad an error with my first ebay order and ordered the RF603 (Nikon fit). Then read that you had to modify the trigger by soldering to get it to work on my Olympus so I decided it was just easier to order the RF603II. If it works I'll add another couple of flashes for better off camera flash. These look like a great deal.

For Olympus cameras, you can purchase the Pixel CL-UC1 connecting cable to connect the flash trigger on top of the camera to the camera it self. Then you can use the other remote trigger as a remote shutter button. It works great with my E-PL5.

Richella

The Wandering Scotsman
Just got back from my trip to Singapore to find that my Yongnuo 560III and Yongnuo RF603 CII had been delivered while I was away. For anyone wondering about compatibility this is how easy it was to get the trigger and flash to work on my E-M1.

1. Put batteries in flash and radio trigger.
2. Attach trigger to hotshot and set to Tx
3. Go to super control panel and turn flash on.
4. switch on flash and press button with wifi symbol above until you see a wifi symbol on flash screen
5. Take photo
6. The end

Now obviously it will take time to master off camera flash but the connectivity between camera, trigger and flash is very very easy.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

Boatman

Mu-43 Veteran
Home: Windham, New Hampshire Boat: American Yacht
The Yongnuo 603-II transcievers and a YN650-III look like good additions for my flash needs with my GH2 camera.

Occasionally I would also like to use the transceivers to operate as a remote shutter control. To do this I am assuming that I would need a cable that would go from the 603 receiver at the camera to the Panasonic 3.5mm shutter port. Does anyone know what cable this would be and where it can be purchased?

inkista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Some Olympus folks have reported success with the Pixel CL-UC1 cable, so I'd guess the Pixel CL-RS1 would work for Panasonic users. You basically need a stereo 3.5mm connector on one end, and a three-ring (stereo only has two rings) 2.5mm miniplug connector on the other.

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
If you have the YN560III flashes I would advise purchasing the YN560TX to go with it. No more dropping stands to adjust power and you can also zoom the flash.
Absolutely marvellous!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/A-S0-Yongnuo-YN560-TX-for-Nikon-Wireless-Flash-Controller-and-Camera-560III-/271551288798?pt=AU_Flashes&hash=item3f39b7d5de

I use it with the EM1. It take a little to get it into the hotshot but it slips out with ease (go figure). I have the Canon pinned one but I'm wondering if the Nikon pinned one would move into the hotshoe with more ease. Someone else who has purchased one (there are a few of us on this forum) might chime in with their experience.

jo45800

Mu-43 Veteran
If you have the YN560III flashes I would advise purchasing the YN560TX to go with it. No more dropping stands to adjust power and you can also zoom the flash.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/A-S0-Yongnuo-YN560-TX-for-Nikon-Wireless-Flash-Controller-and-Camera-560III-/271551288798?pt=AU_Flashes&hash=item3f39b7d5de

I use it with the EM1. It take a little to get it into the hotshot but it slips out with ease (go figure). I have the Canon pinned one but I'm wondering if the Nikon pinned one would move into the hotshoe with more ease. Someone else who has purchased one (there are a few of us on this forum) might chime in with their experience.

I second this, I am using one with my ep5 and it's wonderfull. Also I paid 30$ us shipped on ebay

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

Darren Bonner

Mu-43 All-Pro
Some Olympus folks have reported success with the Pixel CL-UC1 cable, so I'd guess the Pixel CL-RS1 would work for Panasonic users. You basically need a stereo 3.5mm connector on one end, and a three-ring (stereo only has two rings) 2.5mm miniplug connector on the other.

Just ordered one from Amazon, there was one review stating it worked perfectly with his M43 camera (assuming Panasonic as the Olympus version is different) with the Yongnuo remote triggers, fingers crossed.

Put this on my wish list.

Keiron

New to Mu-43
Hi All

I know this is an old post but I decided to try my luck. I have a GX7, RF 603 c2 and the YN 560 III and I am completely baffelled. I am new to this flash business but I cannot seem to get it to work.

I think the issues is that when I put the Trigger or the Flash onto my GX7 and I go into the flash menu I cannot seem to select manual mode. TTl is available but manual is greyed out...

When the trigger is off I can select manual but not when it is on. Since the trigger does not support TTL I suspect that is the reason why my flash is not firing and if I put the flash on the hotshoe I get the same issue. I know panasonic is famous for their greyed out menus and no clues what it is wrong so do you have any ideas?

I have tried the camera in M and A and with the mechanical shutter...

Latest threads

Top Bottom