Yongnuo Flash Speedlite YN560-III Question...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 5tatman, Apr 14, 2016.

1. 5tatman

5tatman Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2014
    Ashton Under Lyne
    Will an Yongnuo Flash Speedlite YN560-III + wireless trigger fit my Panasonic G5 and if so does it matter which if it fits, Canon/Nikon etc? Struggling to find a definitive answer.
    Thanks in advance,
    David.

2. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    I have an Yongnuo Speedlite 560-II and it works on my Panasonic G5.
    I think I've purchased the Canon version (it's been 3 years since I've bought it but).

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I've got Canon but some say the Nikon version spring loaded pins slide in a bit better. YMMV.

4. specialagenttuna

specialagenttuna Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2013
    The Yongnuo YN560-tx was the only trigger I could get to work on my GX8. I got the Canon version because I had Canon versions of the rf603c II. They all work just fine on my Nikon's and Fuji x100t so I don't think you'll have a problem getting either version.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. 5tatman

5tatman Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2014
    Ashton Under Lyne
    Thanks people, mind at rest, will let you know how I get on, just confirm. :thumbup:

6. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    The dedicated pins on the YN560-TX for Nikon / Canon are for receiving signals to indicate that the remote YN560-III/IV flashes should come out of of "sleep mode" and be ready to fire. Although the Olympus / Panasonic contacts line up with the Canon version, they have no effect.

I just disabled sleep (or set to maximum timeout of 2 hours) on all the remote flashes. Standby shouldn't use up much battery power, anyway. (If you're cutting it that close, you can always plug in a high-voltage pack that holds 8 AA's.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    I have the YN560-III (canon version), and it's worked great with the transmitter on all my micro 4/3rds cameras I have or have owned in the past (EM5, GH4, G7, LX100, EPL5)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. 5tatman

5tatman Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2014
    Ashton Under Lyne
    Thanks guys, more confidence has been given