Yongnuo Flash Speedlite YN560-III Question...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 5tatman, Apr 14, 2016.

1. 5tatman

5tatman Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2014
    Ashton Under Lyne
    Will an Yongnuo Flash Speedlite YN560-III + wireless trigger fit my Panasonic G5 and if so does it matter which if it fits, Canon/Nikon etc? Struggling to find a definitive answer.
    Thanks in advance,
    David.

2. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    I have an Yongnuo Speedlite 560-II and it works on my Panasonic G5.
    I think I've purchased the Canon version (it's been 3 years since I've bought it but).

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I've got Canon but some say the Nikon version spring loaded pins slide in a bit better. YMMV.

4. specialagenttuna

specialagenttuna Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2013
    The Yongnuo YN560-tx was the only trigger I could get to work on my GX8. I got the Canon version because I had Canon versions of the rf603c II. They all work just fine on my Nikon's and Fuji x100t so I don't think you'll have a problem getting either version.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. 5tatman

5tatman Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2014
    Ashton Under Lyne
    Thanks people, mind at rest, will let you know how I get on, just confirm. :thumbup:

6. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    The dedicated pins on the YN560-TX for Nikon / Canon are for receiving signals to indicate that the remote YN560-III/IV flashes should come out of of "sleep mode" and be ready to fire. Although the Olympus / Panasonic contacts line up with the Canon version, they have no effect.

I just disabled sleep (or set to maximum timeout of 2 hours) on all the remote flashes. Standby shouldn't use up much battery power, anyway. (If you're cutting it that close, you can always plug in a high-voltage pack that holds 8 AA's.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    I have the YN560-III (canon version), and it's worked great with the transmitter on all my micro 4/3rds cameras I have or have owned in the past (EM5, GH4, G7, LX100, EPL5)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. 5tatman

5tatman Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2014
    Ashton Under Lyne
    Thanks guys, more confidence has been given

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.