1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yongnuo 560 III Flash Control Problem

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by numberpro, Jun 15, 2014.

1. numberpro

numberpro Mu-43 Rookie

May 3, 2014
    My set up is the GX7 with the wireless trigger to fire 3 yongnuo 560 III flashes. The issue is that when I go to 'Flash' options, I only get TTL mode and not the manual mode. Why is this happening. I want to enter full manual mode so that I can manually set the power lvl through the camera. I tried adjusting the flash compensation in TTL mode, but that does nothing.

BTW, when in TTL mode, why is there an option for automatic exposure compensation? Isn't that the whole point of TTL?

Thanks!

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    The Yongnuo 560 is not a ttl flash. It can't be controlled by the camera.

Fred

3. numberpro

numberpro Mu-43 Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I do understand that there is no TTL. However, shouldn't the menu option in the 'Flash' setting then say 'manual' rather than 'TTL'. I was hoping that even without TTL, I would be able to adjust the flash intensity. I guess this was wishful thinking?

4. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I purchased the same flash and wireless triggers last month. It's very simple to use. The flash is purely manual, no TTL.

1. Put batteries in flash and radio trigger.

2. Attach trigger to hotshot and set to Tx

3. Go to super control panel and turn flash on.

4. switch on flash and press button with wifi symbol above until you see a wifi symbol on flash screen

5. Take photo

6. The end

Now obviously it will take time to master off camera flash but the connectivity between camera, trigger and flash is very very easy.

You need to watch some YouTube videos on how to use manual flash but generally it's simple.

There is an easy acronym to remember.

SAAF - shutter is for ambient, aperture is for flash.

If you want less ambient light included in your photo then increase the shutter speed up to the max flash sync speed, usually around 1/250s. If you want more ambient light then choose a slower shutter.

To adjust the flash contribution to the photo you can use the aperture setting or the flash power adjustment. A smaller aperture lets in less light from the flash, a wider aperture lets in more light from the flash. You can adjust the flash power using the arrow key pad. This indicates the fraction of the full flash power that will be emitted

Just practice with different combinations so you can see the effect.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

• Like Like x 1
  5. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    There's no communication between the camera and flash so there's no way to do what you want. The 560iii has a built radio receiver for triggering from the Yongnuo RF-602 or RF-603 remote triggers. there's also supposed to be a camera mounted trigger that can also be used to remotely set the power level. I don't know if it's available yet.

Fred

6. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I purchased the RF603ii C1 (canon version) and it works without any set up or problem on my E-M1

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

7. numberpro

numberpro Mu-43 Rookie

May 3, 2014