1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

yongnuo 468 flash

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hipertec, Mar 21, 2012.

1. hipertec

hipertec Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 8, 2012
    I have a yongnuo 468 flash made for Canon. Have a pani G2 and it will not work if mounted to camera. If I remove it and set to S2 and have the G2 flash up, it will trigger the 468.
    Can is flash work with my G2? Maybe special setting?

2. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    The whole flash issue on Panasonic is just a mess, in my opinion. I've not managed to find a reasonably-priced solution, except the one you've hit on, using off-camera slave flash triggered by the built-in flash. The Panasonic flashes are disappointingly limited and very expensive and the only non-Panasonic/Olympus flash I've seen which is compatible is a Metz unit.

I would think that if you can work round the limitations, you might have hit on the only answer. I am pretty sure someone else on here is using one of the Yongnuo flashes... do a search of the threads and see.

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    If you don't want to spend big amounts on stuff like the Olympus FL-50, there seems to be an alternative in the form of a Nissin Speedlite Di 466. I have no experience with it, but it claims to be compatible and seems reasonably priced.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.