yongnuo 468 flash

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hipertec, Mar 21, 2012.

1. hipertec

hipertec Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 8, 2012
    I have a yongnuo 468 flash made for Canon. Have a pani G2 and it will not work if mounted to camera. If I remove it and set to S2 and have the G2 flash up, it will trigger the 468.
    Can is flash work with my G2? Maybe special setting?
  2. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    The whole flash issue on Panasonic is just a mess, in my opinion. I've not managed to find a reasonably-priced solution, except the one you've hit on, using off-camera slave flash triggered by the built-in flash. The Panasonic flashes are disappointingly limited and very expensive and the only non-Panasonic/Olympus flash I've seen which is compatible is a Metz unit.

I would think that if you can work round the limitations, you might have hit on the only answer. I am pretty sure someone else on here is using one of the Yongnuo flashes... do a search of the threads and see.
  3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    If you don't want to spend big amounts on stuff like the Olympus FL-50, there seems to be an alternative in the form of a Nissin Speedlite Di 466. I have no experience with it, but it claims to be compatible and seems reasonably priced.