1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Yongnou TX-560 transmitter - using two transmitters for different setups?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by RamblinR, Jul 21, 2016.

1. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    Just wondering if others think this would work.

Want to set up some lights and leave them in the same position (lets say three lights just for this exercise) each has different values for the shoot. Set this on the first TX560.

Now want to change the power of the three lights without having to spend time doing it. If I set up another TX-560 with these new power settings for each flash (A, B, C) would I be able to turn off the first TX transmitter, place the 2nd transmitter on the camera, turn it on and ... voila settings are now changed.

The changes would be significant using different f-stops and ISO's and I would actually mount a TX on each of my cameras for this purpose so I just have to grab one or the other (hope that makes sense).

Am I missing something with this that would not allow this to happen?

Yes, everything would need to be on the same channel.
    Yes, you would need to ensure you only have one TX on at a time.

Thoughts???

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I guess it depends if the settings are transmitted on every shot, or only when you make changes.

3. dpswbab

dpswbab Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2014
    My YN560's only seem to synch up with the TX560 when I make a change, so I suspect you would have to mount the second TX and bump a setting up and down for each group.

4. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    My understanding is that when you turn on the TX560 it is the major controller as the flashes have been synced to it. You may notice the settings on a flash change when you turn on the TX560 and see the blue light flash and then it has taken control.

What I want to do is have this same effect but two different light senarios so that when I turn off the first TX560 and turn on the other TX560 it would reset the settings to the new ones.

I'm really thinking that this would work. Nobody out there with two TX560's is there to give this a try??