YN 560III Multi Mode?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ThomD, Dec 7, 2014.

1. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Has anyone made the YN 560 III fire correctly in multi mode? On my G6 the camera does not appear to be sending the right signal to the flash to fire multiple times. 1 second exposure, flash set to 3x3. The pilot button on the flash gives 3 flashes, but the camera only triggers one flash. I get the same result with the flash on the camera or the TX 560 mounted on the camera. First curtain vs second makes no difference.
  2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    The 560 is a manual control flashgun so the camera will only be able to trigger the the gun, and not control any of its advanced features, to do that you will need another 560 using the one on camera to trigger the second or use their own trigger unit on the camera's hotshoe.

If you want the camera to control anything other than the firing of the gun you will need a dedicated to the camera flash.
  3. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Actually, I don't think this is correct. The MULTI mode works just fine on Nikon and Canon hotshoes. I think the OP's first guess of the camera hotshoe not sending the correct signal is actually what's going on. Apparently the YN-560III prefers to have the sync signal shorted for the duration of the burst. Apparently the mft and Sony NEX hotshoes only send the initial pulse, and then do not "hold" the signal for the duration of the exposure, while Canon and Nikon hotshoes do.