Yippee... More legacy lenses for me!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TNcasual, Jan 8, 2015.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    In before The Wife realizes I bought a couple more adapters. Of course it's much easier to buy a couple adapters for $25 than $200+ for native lenses.

I have several legacy lenses I've inherited from friends and family. I already have played with a Super-Takumar 50 1.4. I like the results.

winter berries

First, I have several Minolta MD lenses from my brother. They are cheap consumer ones, but I thought I would give them a shot. I have Sears branded 28-70 and 70-210mm. I don't expect much from these. There is also a Kalimar 500 f/8. Which also has a 2x converter(!) attached to it. Uh, I will try it without the converter. Last, there is a Vivitar branded 19mm 3.8. I am hoping that this will be useful.

Then there are two Nikon 'nifty fifties.' One is an f/2 the other is an f/1.8. I also have a 2x converter for these. I will probably only keep one and sell the other.

I also have the Agfa Ambi Sillette that I mentioned in another thread. Right now a friend who knows how to clean optics has it. I hope to get it back soon all nice and shiny. Then I will have to see about getting an adapter made for its lenses. I will probably run a few rolls through the camera, too.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    I can't wait for an adapter to make it's way from China. I'm looking forward to using my Nikon 50 f2 - a lens I've owned since the early 80's and still my favourite. I've owned most of the Nikon 50's (still got the 1.4 AIS but sold the 1.8's) and the f2 just has wonderful rendering for my tastes.
    • Like Like x 1