1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Yikes, New GH3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by peterpix, Jan 30, 2013.

1. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    UPS just dropped off my new GH3. Ordered in September, Canceled in October, reordered in late November, arrived today.

On first touch it does not seem too large to me. Bigger than my Ep3, but much smaller than my recently departed 5DMKII. Now to try it out with the 12-35 Panni zoom (which I wish was 12-50).

New images to come!

• Like Like x 1
  2. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    Ugh! GH3 has the same long battery charger cord as the Olympus! Fortunately I have my little Apple thingy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    Have fun! New gear is always fun :)

4. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    GH3 handles easily without an attached grip and is lighter than the EM-5 with the grip, which it needs. Some folks have fussed about the size of the 3 which is larger than the 2, but it's not "that" big. Can't put on a pancake lens and shove it in a pocket like some of the small Pannis but that's not what i wanted it for anyway. And I don't like the "dirty baby diaper" approach to using cameras without an eye level viewfinde!r

• Like Like x 1
  5. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Thanks again for posting that the other day, I'm really pleased not to need the cord for my GH3 when traveling now :2thumbs:

6. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    happy for you....please post some photos....curious what you think about the camera!!

7. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    LOL! Took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant there :smile:

8. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    Congrats on the GH3.....I too received mine and went today to B&H and bought the 12-35 f2.8, 100-300, 35-100 f2.8 and the Sigma 19mm and 30mm- five lenses in all- I'm covered and everything fits in a medium sized duffle bag! Loving m4/3 and selling my recently purchased full frame Sony A-99 camera and tons of lenses...goodbye full size and heft!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Fun stuff!

Have a great time with what looks to be a stellar camera. Hope to see some images soon.
    Dan

10. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    And me but got there after a little thought lol !!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    It's a great camera, I'm sure you will love it.

Paul

12. ralfmouth

ralfmouth Mu-43 Regular

Oct 16, 2012
    Bought these with the OM-d. I was surprised with the 100-300. Nice bokeh colors and sharp.

13. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    Ok.....where is the photos and videos???

14. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    GH3 w 12-35 ISO 200 OOC Jpegs

I'm liking it after a few images. Nice grip, feels great in my hands. Don't think I'll need the auxiliary grip as I did with EM5. Bot the GH3 primarily for video and haven't had time to try that yet. I also like the EM5 with the grip, but it's not so good for video. Would I miss the IBIS, if I sold EM5 and had matching GH3s? Better think this over! GAS is painful!

Attached Files:

15. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    two bodies the same is great to have.

For several years I shot weddings on the weekends, but never owned top of the line Nikon's. I could own the next body down (several generations of Nikon bodies) than that top of the line model and own two of them. That was important when shooting a wedding, as I didn't have to change gears moving from one body to a different body. Today, I shoot with two G3's, and don't plan on buying another camera or lens for years to come. That said, I just purchased a wireless remote trigger for my G3 from B&H. So I am still figuring out ways to spend money.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike