Yikes, gone and done it..................

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SVENS1, Feb 16, 2014.

1. SVENS1

SVENS1 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    I'm more than happy with my white model E-PL1 and got a good deal on another almost new black E-PL1.
    So I had to go and buy it, going to save one for dedicated jewelry pictures and use the other for outdoors etc.
    Just need to find a good used VF2 viewfinder....

• Like Like x 4
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
  3. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    Very nice. Can I ask why you decided to get another E-PL1 instead of an E-PL2? I feel like the grip, buttons, and addition of a rear dial would make the E-PL2 a better bet...
  4. SVENS1

SVENS1 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    I looked at the E-PL2 really hard and as well as read as many reviews and comparisms. The E-PL2 layout on the back was much better as well as the dial. I have grown accustomed to using the E-PL1's buttons and menus, so that was not a big issue with me. Then it boiled down to image quality, from what I read between the two no difference. Then looked at the pricing of both used with the least amount of clicks. Found that in a E-PL1, nearly brand new body , at a really good price by a seller (not ebay) who was willing to ship to Canada. Saved about $75 over a used E-PL2 body. Since I was on a limited camera gear budget, it was the best deal for me. I can put the $$ saved towards a viewfinder.........Would have liked the PL2 but, the PL1 works for me.

PS, I am a tinkerer and builder to improve products and already looked into doing a mod for the hand grip issue and saw a quick solution. When I get a moment or two, will work on it.
  5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Just did the same... I bought a second E-PL1 recently. So now I have two E-PL1s and an E-M5. If you intend to use two cameras together, there is a benefit to using the same camera as a second; same everything including same UI and operation. Oddly enough, I too got used to the E-PL1's push button layout. Mine was an Ebay purchase for $84 including shipping.
  6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Maybe this should be a "Two e-pL1" owners thread.
    I bought an extra one to stuff it into a cybersteam Soviet body ... half done so far. Work keeps getting in the way.