Yet another UWA fast prime in the works

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by wjiang, Apr 14, 2015.

1. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

2. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
  3. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Where did you get that? The release says it will be priced similar to the 12mm mini prime which on Veydra's website is priced at $1200.

Good to see another option, but I'm not getting my hopes up for this lens. Their main focus is cinematic quality, and that usually doesn't bode well for edge to edge sharpness and coma.

4. Thenetfilmmaker

Thenetfilmmaker New to Mu-43

Apr 9, 2015
    Anthony
    If it's anything like the others in the line, it's fine contrast and it's ability to resolve detail will be awesome. The set starts near 5000, or was the kickstarter price

5. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    Ahhh, I misread. That's the 2x Anamorphic lens - the last paragraph of the press release at the end:

The Veydra Mini Anamorphic 2X 25mm T2.2 M4/3 should be available at the end of 2015. We will simultaneously develop other longer focal lengths with the aim to make a 3 lens set available sometime in 2016. Expected pricing per lens is to be around or under $5,000 USD per lens.

6. Thenetfilmmaker

Thenetfilmmaker New to Mu-43

Apr 9, 2015
    Anthony
    The anamorphics are still relatively cheap, considering what Cooke or Arri run. Way outside my budget, but would be a fun rental