Yet another swede!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Redibo, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Redibo

Redibo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Christoffer
    Greetings to you all!

I'm a 22 year old boy/guy/man, whatever you want to call it, from Gothenburg in Sweden. After longing for several months, I got a E-PL1 for christmas which I'm now trying to learn. I've always envied the people running around with their SLR:s taking great photos, and when I realized that I had use of a great camera in school during my education (Industrial Design Engineering) I thought that it was time to start looking for this in a more serious way. But I quickly realized that I wouldn't be carrying around a large dSLR everywhere, but I still wanted the IQ, so the m4/3 quickly became the best solution. So far I only got the 14-42mm kit-lens, but I'm looking for a Oly 17/2,8 or a Pana 20/1,7, there will soon be a WTB in the market!

Anyway, this is a great forum, I stumbled in here searching for feedback of the above mentioned lenses, and have already found a tonne of information, so I will stay here, I love forums that have such a high density of knowledge. Whenever I feel proud enough to show some shots I will, until then I will look around and be amazed!

See you around!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hauki

Hauki Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    Somerset, England
    Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing some of your images.

3. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Hi fellow Swede - I am Swedish on my Dad's side. Name was originally Ljunggren, but became Johngren when my grandfather came through Ellis Island. Have been to Sweden once.

Anyway, welcome. I love m4/3 after years as a Nikon user. I find no limitations with this format and won't be going back to DSLR. I think you'll have a great time.

Peter

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Hello fellow Scandinavian, I'm Danish, although not in Denmark :)

You'll love the crew here!

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I saw the title and had to look to see if there were some sexy photos of a Hasselblad. A bit disappointed, but welcome regardless ;)

6. Redibo

Redibo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Christoffer
    Thank you all! Nice to see scandinavians as well as people with relations to Sweden! Will be picking up my Panny 20/1.7 this saturday, looking forward to it! And sorry to disappoint you Luke, I promise to take images of one as soon as I come across one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.