Yet another swede!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Redibo, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Redibo

Redibo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Greetings to you all!

I'm a 22 year old boy/guy/man, whatever you want to call it, from Gothenburg in Sweden. After longing for several months, I got a E-PL1 for christmas which I'm now trying to learn. I've always envied the people running around with their SLR:s taking great photos, and when I realized that I had use of a great camera in school during my education (Industrial Design Engineering) I thought that it was time to start looking for this in a more serious way. But I quickly realized that I wouldn't be carrying around a large dSLR everywhere, but I still wanted the IQ, so the m4/3 quickly became the best solution. So far I only got the 14-42mm kit-lens, but I'm looking for a Oly 17/2,8 or a Pana 20/1,7, there will soon be a WTB in the market!

Anyway, this is a great forum, I stumbled in here searching for feedback of the above mentioned lenses, and have already found a tonne of information, so I will stay here, I love forums that have such a high density of knowledge. Whenever I feel proud enough to show some shots I will, until then I will look around and be amazed!

See you around!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hauki

Hauki Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    Somerset, England
    Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing some of your images.
  3. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Hi fellow Swede - I am Swedish on my Dad's side. Name was originally Ljunggren, but became Johngren when my grandfather came through Ellis Island. Have been to Sweden once.

Anyway, welcome. I love m4/3 after years as a Nikon user. I find no limitations with this format and won't be going back to DSLR. I think you'll have a great time.

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hello fellow Scandinavian, I'm Danish, although not in Denmark :)

You'll love the crew here!
  5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I saw the title and had to look to see if there were some sexy photos of a Hasselblad. A bit disappointed, but welcome regardless ;)
  6. Redibo

Redibo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Thank you all! Nice to see scandinavians as well as people with relations to Sweden! Will be picking up my Panny 20/1.7 this saturday, looking forward to it! And sorry to disappoint you Luke, I promise to take images of one as soon as I come across one!