1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yet another grip -inexpensive

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by merosen, Nov 7, 2012.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I do like that you can access the battery without removing the grip. However one thing that the factory grip that no aftermarket one does is the extra buttons! I love that the shutter release is moved forward. I find that so much more comfortable than reaching back with my finger.

2. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    this one looks nice and price is not extraterrestrial for a grip.

3. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Looks nice, and price is very good. Only turn off for me is how thick the base is. Not sure why it needs to be so thick - half that would be ideal.

4. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    That's a pretty good price. Though, it doesn't look like it centers the tripod socket and lens?

5. merosen

merosen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2012
    Somerville (Boston), MA
    Mark
    Looks like the mounting screw goes straight thru to the camera(which is not centered), no offset mount that is centered.

6. Winter

Winter Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 23, 2012
    Portland Maine
    I know that this is a seriously old thread, but I just wanted to say that the JB grip took my camera from being something that I tolerated using because I had to get rid of my 60D for health reasons, to a camera that I truly love shooting with. The grip is well made, and pretty much never leaves my camera.

7. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    Because of so many good reviews here. I decided to order one. Who knows someday out of the blue 12-35mm 2.8 appear in my drawer, I might gonna need this extra grip. Lol. On the plus side, the price is almost the same like the body cap lens, so it wouldn't hurt.

8. Dave Jenkins

Dave Jenkins Mu-43 Veteran

I ordered a J.B. grip and tried it on my OMD. I found it to be very well thought-out, well made, and well finished. But I also found that I prefer the handling of my camera with no grip at all, so I sent it back. Your mileage may vary, so if you think you would like a grip, I can recommend the J.B. Camera Designs highly.