Yet another benefit from micro 4/3's....

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Minniesmum, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    Since getting my E-PL1 I've thoroughly enjoyed "re-learning" how to manually focus particularly with my older lenses, to the point where I'm using MF more than AF on the new lenses.

This morning I re-commissioned my Sony A300 Dslr. Partly because I have some quality glass that isn't getting used. a Sigma 105mm macro and a Sigma 18mm f3.5. However the Sigma 105mm is almost impossible to use in AF It hunts like crazy even when not using it for macro. Just too much like hard work. So I tried it MF...great !

Anyway now I have the best of all worlds. I've got my interest in photography back after an almost 2 year absence. All due to the E-PL1 and my legacy glass.
    I'm learning and enjoying MF. And appreciating that neglected Dslr for certain uses where I don't need a " compact" system.

• Like Like x 1
  2. spinwards

spinwards Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2012
    Auto focus problems are the #1 reason I switched from Sony. I felt like I had to half press two or three times to get a positive focus lock. With my new G3, it is once and done :biggrin:

I do miss the sensor from my a200, though. It was super clean at base ISO, and the color balance was magical. By the numbers, the G3's sensor is better in every way (including DR), but I haven't been able to replicate the blue color balance the a200 gave me.

DSC00412.jpg by spinwards, on Flickr

DSC09545.jpg by spinwards, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 1