1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yeah another new guy in town

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by rwingsfan, Sep 4, 2015.

1. rwingsfan

rwingsfan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 4, 2015
    Tony
    Been a long time Nikonian and still am, but have been attracted to the M43 siren song. I currently have a E-M5 MKI and love it. Also have a E-M1 en route. I have just a few lens to start being the 12-50EZ, the 40-150 Oly and a 45mm oly on the way. I really appreciate the smaller foot print of m43 and have been impressed with the IQ. I retired a couple years ago and took up wildlife photography to pass the time and really love my D750 and 300mm 2.8. Anyway after reading for a couple days figured I would join the fold. I am a regular at FM and semi regular at DP. Hope to learn a lot from these forums. Thanks y'all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Welcome!

3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Welcome. I'm also a Nikon guy and use it for event work. But for everything non work related it's m4/3 and a Panasonic LX100. It's hard to beat the size and with the customization options you can configure the bodies to act much like the Nikon, at least I have.

4. felipegeek

felipegeek Mu-43 Enthusiast

Jan 8, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Felipe
    Welcome @rwingsfan@rwingsfan . I started back into photogaphy with a Nikon J1 and a D5200 thinking I would stick with Nikon a couple of my friends were already into. After looking at moving up in configuration options, functionality and flexibility I didn't like the weight nor the cost. I tried a Panasonic GF5 (bought on eBay) with adapted Minolta glass I already owned, then an E-PL3 with a kit zoom (from Craigslist) and a Sigma 19mm (from a forum member) then bought an E-M5 and those same lenses you mentioned (all from forum members), only recently adding the Oly 25mm (open box from Best Buy...seeing a pattern here?) and have been very happy with the decisions all the way through.

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome. Post some pics when you can.

6. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    MJ
    Welcome aboard! The EM-5 MKI was the best camera I've ever used (I'm not a professional). I've only just upgraded a day ago to the EM-1.

Wait until you get that M.45. It's a delightful piece of glass. I look forward to seeing your shots. :)