1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yay, another f/4-5.6 telephoto zoom

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dhazeghi, Jul 14, 2012.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Panasonic 45-150/4-5.6 HD. Looks to be released within the next week or so.

Clearly just what the system needs... Grumble.

DH

2. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Well, if Panasonic will offer a trade program to exchange all 45-175mm lenses with faulty OIS, it wouldn't be so bad after all :wink:. Probably won't happen :mad:.

Edit: And another possible advantage: maybe they will discontinue the 45-200mm and that means stock clearance and lower prices so that I can buy it back for a low price...

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I have to guess this is video optimized in ways the 45-200 isn't? Or maybe it really is compact; it's kind of hard to judge from just the one pic. In any case, I have to agree this doesn't seem to offer a lot.

4. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Judging from that photo, it doesn't seem to have any power zoom or OIS button on it. Maybe it's an improved/updated version of 45-175 yet also cheaper to make?

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The way prices on the Panasonic 14-45 and 45-200 have been slipping, I wouldn't be too surprised if those lenses are out of production, simply being sold from existing stock.

But it really does seem a questionable use of R&D and production capacity to release 3 different lenses with essentially the same purpose. Do it right, and you only have to do it once...

DH