1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yay, another f/4-5.6 telephoto zoom

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dhazeghi, Jul 14, 2012.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Panasonic 45-150/4-5.6 HD. Looks to be released within the next week or so.

Clearly just what the system needs... Grumble.

DH

2. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Well, if Panasonic will offer a trade program to exchange all 45-175mm lenses with faulty OIS, it wouldn't be so bad after all :wink:. Probably won't happen :mad: .

Edit: And another possible advantage: maybe they will discontinue the 45-200mm and that means stock clearance and lower prices so that I can buy it back for a low price...

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I have to guess this is video optimized in ways the 45-200 isn't? Or maybe it really is compact; it's kind of hard to judge from just the one pic. In any case, I have to agree this doesn't seem to offer a lot.

4. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Judging from that photo, it doesn't seem to have any power zoom or OIS button on it. Maybe it's an improved/updated version of 45-175 yet also cheaper to make?

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The way prices on the Panasonic 14-45 and 45-200 have been slipping, I wouldn't be too surprised if those lenses are out of production, simply being sold from existing stock.

But it really does seem a questionable use of R&D and production capacity to release 3 different lenses with essentially the same purpose. Do it right, and you only have to do it once...

DH

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.