1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Showcase Yashinon DX 45mm f/1.7

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by chicks, Mar 7, 2012.

1. chicks

chicks Mu-43 All-Pro

In the process of adapting this great looking lens from a Yashica Electro rangefinder thrift store find. Using a C-mount adapter, with the inside rings from an M42 adapter as a spacer, currently hand-held in place. Working OK, but focus to infinity is going to require some metal grinding, I'm afraid.

[​IMG]

2. chicks

chicks Mu-43 All-Pro

Considerable progress on getting this mounted. Seems quite soft at f1.7, sharpens up pretty well by f4.

[​IMG]

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Looks like a usable lens in terms of sharpness but the white balance seems to be off - or is this yellowing of the lens? Lens might like a few days of UV light.

4. chicks

chicks Mu-43 All-Pro

White balance is off - a mix of incandecent and flourescent lighting in the room and the photographer's noobiness to terms like "white balance". ;) 

Here's one in natural lighting @f4. Wide open is really quite soft.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. MarylandUSA

MarylandUSA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Paul Franklin Stregevsky
    Wow, this can be done? I left my SLRs at home for 2 years to flirt with rangefinders. None of my SLR lenses could top my Yashinon 45/1.7 (6 elements, 4 groups) for edge-to-edge sharpness and beautiful color rendering.

6. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    Here's more info on this, including a link to a Flickr set with lots of photos of the process. I personally only got about halfway. ;-)

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=5802

I just ordered a Yashinon DX 50mm f/1.7 M42 lens on EBay for pretty cheap, am hoping it renders similarly to the Yashinon 45mm f/1.7 on the Electro rangefinder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.