Yashica ML 50mm 1.4

ryansinibaldi

Mu-43 Regular
Well the GAS bug bit me and I bought this off ebay as an impulse buy...and then proceeded to order an adapter for it as well.

I saw a few pictures taken with this lens on here and it looks alright. Anyone have some insight? I was looking for a fast 50 with good center sharpness wide open.

applemint

Mu-43 Veteran
If it's anything like the ML 50mm 1.9 and 2.0 it should be great, Yashica lenses seem rather under rated/under appreciated given the low prices they go for on ebay etc.

ryansinibaldi

Mu-43 Regular
I paid $40 USD + $15 shipping. Assuming it comes in good condition (people from FM call ebay "fungusbay") I think I got a good deal. I did cheap out on an adapter though at $12 USD shipped.

ryansinibaldi

Mu-43 Regular
What a beautiful lens! I just got it from the seller today. It's in better condition than he described. I'd almost consider it mint. My only concern is the tiny bit of oil on the blades that wasn't described.

And that my adapter hasn't arrived yet. I am so anxious to try it out that I almost modified it to work on my PK adapter.

ryansinibaldi

Mu-43 Regular
Well my adapter came in today and even though I'm in the middle of tropical storm Debby I snapped a quick few. My first impressions are great. Some CA wide open but nothing that can't be cleaned up in post. Also seems a bit cool but that can also be fixed in post.

(all of the below are wide open except the fountain)

7444822866_a15722732d_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bench by ryansinibaldi, on Flickr

View attachment 213788
Untitled by ryansinibaldi, on Flickr

7444841174_d1f23a3c3b_z.jpg

Sad Plant by ryansinibaldi, on Flickr

7444850474_dfcb7409da_z.jpg

Munkey by ryansinibaldi, on Flickr

Latest threads

Top Bottom