1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yashica C/Y mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by L0n3Gr3yW0lf, Sep 6, 2015.

1. L0n3Gr3yW0lf

L0n3Gr3yW0lf Mu-43 Regular

Jul 31, 2013
    Romania
    Ovidiu
    So I am extremely happy that I got into the Yashica's C/Y mount because I love the Yashica lenses. I only have 2 lenses so far: Yashica ML 50mm f 2 and Yashica DSB 28mm f 2.8 and with the adapter I got (it came with the 28mm f 2.8), Fotga, the Infinite mark doesnt work, meaning that when I try to focus to Infinite it's somewhere on the 5 meters away on both lenses, anything beyond that the images are out of focus (no matter the aperture size). Is this the nature of adapting the C/Y mount or is it only when adapted to Micro Four Thirds sensors ? I'm just curious about the reason for this limitation (a bit annoying sometimes).

I still love those lenses, specially the 50mm ML, very beautiful and solid build (but I need to get the lens cleaned because it has some fungus behind the front element, I think) and beautiful IQ, the 28mm is not bad, still good build quality (though the front element rotates when I try to clean it) and the IQ is decent enough. What I love the most about them is that the focus ring is not slow but not to lose either and the ring doesnt rotate 270 degrees from minimum to maximum focus so finding focus is fast and pretty accurate (once you get used to he speed). Only wish the minimum focus wasnt that big (specially with the longer lenses).

2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I have several ML lenses, including the 50mm f/2 (which is a favorite). I've found that the cheap no-name adapters you can buy off of eBay work fine; maybe I've just been lucky, but all of the ones I have focus to infinity (and a bit beyond).