1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Yashica AF to M4/3 adapter??

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by John from ID, Sep 23, 2012.

1. John from ID

John from ID Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 23, 2012
    Hey all!
    First post here. I have an Oly E-PL2 that I've been using for the last few months and have had good luck using my old adapted Minolta/Rokkor lenses.

I have a non-functioning Yashica AF-230 with Yashica 35-70mm and Sigma 70-210mm lenses. I'd really like to find an adapter as I've read these are great lenses.

Are they available or am I out of luck? Should I just put the the camera and lenses on eBay?

One of my adapted lenses is a 70-210mm f1:4.5 Vivitar so I don't really need the Sigma...

John

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    From what I can glean, Yashica's AF cameras used a different lens mount than their older manual line. The AF mount is referred to as "Kyocera/Yashica AF" mount, while the non-compatible manual lens mount was the "Contax/Yashica" mount.

While adapters are available to mount the MF Contax/Yashica lenses to :43:, I know of no one who sells an adapter for the AF Kyocera/Yashica lenses. Apparently the K/Y mount is quite similar in appearance to the Minolta AF (i.e. Sony Alpha) mount, so if you are handy you might be able to machine a Minolta AF adapter to work, although I don't know of anyone who's done that (or attempted it). Short of that, I know of no solution for using these lenses. Since only a handful of lenses were ever produced for this mount, it's unlikely that a commercial adapter will be made available any time soon.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

3. John from ID

John from ID Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 23, 2012
    Thanks for the reply!
    That's pretty much the same info I found, but being a bit of a noob to the :43: world, I thought I'd dbbl check.
    I'm having lots of fun w/ my Minolta MD/MC adapters so That should keep my busy enough! The Kyocera 230-MF is going on ebay tonite

John