1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yashica AF to M4/3 adapter??

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by John from ID, Sep 23, 2012.

1. John from ID

John from ID Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2012
    Hey all!
    First post here. I have an Oly E-PL2 that I've been using for the last few months and have had good luck using my old adapted Minolta/Rokkor lenses.

I have a non-functioning Yashica AF-230 with Yashica 35-70mm and Sigma 70-210mm lenses. I'd really like to find an adapter as I've read these are great lenses.

Are they available or am I out of luck? Should I just put the the camera and lenses on eBay?

One of my adapted lenses is a 70-210mm f1:4.5 Vivitar so I don't really need the Sigma...

John

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    From what I can glean, Yashica's AF cameras used a different lens mount than their older manual line. The AF mount is referred to as "Kyocera/Yashica AF" mount, while the non-compatible manual lens mount was the "Contax/Yashica" mount.

While adapters are available to mount the MF Contax/Yashica lenses to :43:, I know of no one who sells an adapter for the AF Kyocera/Yashica lenses. Apparently the K/Y mount is quite similar in appearance to the Minolta AF (i.e. Sony Alpha) mount, so if you are handy you might be able to machine a Minolta AF adapter to work, although I don't know of anyone who's done that (or attempted it). Short of that, I know of no solution for using these lenses. Since only a handful of lenses were ever produced for this mount, it's unlikely that a commercial adapter will be made available any time soon.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

3. John from ID

John from ID Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2012
    Thanks for the reply!
    That's pretty much the same info I found, but being a bit of a noob to the :43: world, I thought I'd dbbl check.
    I'm having lots of fun w/ my Minolta MD/MC adapters so That should keep my busy enough! The Kyocera 230-MF is going on ebay tonite

John

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.